Restart Gateway Instance from cfm

julien....@gmail.com

May 18, 2016, 1:13:59 PM5/18/16
to Lucee
Is there a way to restart a gateway instance from a cfm (Example: websocket)?

if not, how I can reboot Lucee (on linux) from a cfm (I have not enough right to do it with a cfexecute)?

Jordan Michaels

May 18, 2016, 2:26:44 PM5/18/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Have Lucee create some sort of trigger (like a file) that a cron job (scheduled task) checks for. If the trigger exists, then the cron job can restart Lucee with sufficient permissions.

--
Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels

Jeroen Knoef

May 19, 2016, 7:33:32 AM5/19/16
to Lucee
Using cfadmin you can restart a gateway like this: admin action="gateway" type="web" password="password" id="gateway id" gatewayaction="restart";

I'm not sure if the listener cfc is reinstantiated though.

Regards,
Jeroen

julien....@gmail.com

May 19, 2016, 8:04:23 AM5/19/16
to Lucee
Thanks!! It's working!

Do you know if there is a doc about the cfadmin function?

Jeroen Knoef

May 19, 2016, 8:11:50 AM5/19/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
There was some documentation on the Railo site: http://www.getrailo.org/index.cfm/documentation/cfadmin-doc/
But getrailo.org seems to be down. Maybe permanently, who knows.
For some of the things we use, we just checked the source code of the Lucee/Railo admin.