Upgrade from lucee 4.5 (from railo 4.5) to lucee 5 - no lib/etc directory - Questions?

thorste...@googlemail.com

May 29, 2016, 10:01:51 AM5/29/16
to Lucee
Hi,

I wanted to follo this upgrade tutorial.

  1. Download the lucee.jar from (http://lucee.org/downloads.html).
  2. Stop the servlet engine on your server, this is normally Apache Tomcat, however if you have a custom install it might differ.
  3. Add the lucee.jar you downloaded to the "lib/etc" directory in your existing Lucee install.
  4. Remove all other JARs in the same directory, however do not remove the directory "lucee-server" (or "railo-server") if that directory is present, this is the case with default installations. Please note you must remove the JARs, DO NOT simply rename them.
  5. Start the servlet engine.
1. OK
2. OK
3. I do have a railo/lib directory, but not a railo/lib/etc directory. Is railo/lib the right directory? I am on windows and upgraded from railo to lucee 4.5 before.
4. I do have about 100 jars in railo/lib - Do I really have to delete/move all of them?

Thanks
Thorsten

thorste...@googlemail.com

May 29, 2016, 10:36:34 AM5/29/16
to Lucee

A added lucee.jar to railo/lib, removed all other jars and restarted tomcat.

For about 15 minutes the machine was working with cpu between 5 and sometimes 70 %.

Then it settled down to 0 to 2 percent cpu.

I called the URL of one of my sites in the browser and get

Lucee 5.0.0.252 Error (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException)
Message javax.servlet.http.HttpUpgradeHandler not found by lucee.core [64]
Cause java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
Stacktrace The Error Occurred in
D:\websites\mysite.com\wheels\global\internal.cfm: line 268
266: loc.requestUrl = URLDecode(arguments.scope.unencoded_url);
267: }
268: else if (IsSimpleValue(getPageContext().getRequest().getRequestURL()))
269: {
270: // remove protocol, domain, port etc from the url
Anybody does have a hint how to solve this issue?

Regards
Thorsten

thorste...@googlemail.com

May 29, 2016, 10:37:36 AM5/29/16
to Lucee

Michael Offner

May 30, 2016, 3:33:48 AM5/30/16
to lucee
in Lucee 4.5 (and also Railo) normally we separated the jars used by Lucee from the jars of the servlet engine by moving them in a separate directory.
Best download a Lucee 4.5 jars zip here https://bitbucket.org/lucee/lucee/downloads, this download will show you what jars to delete.

Micha

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 4:37 PM, thorsteneilers via Lucee <lu...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

--
Win a ticket to dev.objective from Lucee via Twitter, see http://bit.ly/1UbTMWj for details, good luck and see you there...

thorste...@googlemail.com

May 30, 2016, 4:37:03 AM5/30/16
to Lucee
Hi Micha,
thanks for your reply.

I don't fully understand.
How do I figure out, which jars to delete?

Do I have to add some of my removed jars back to the /lib Folder?

Thorsten

Nando Breiter

May 30, 2016, 6:47:26 AM5/30/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thorsten,

Don't know if this helps, but I found the express install very easy. Not sure how you prefer to set up your local dev environment, but if you are comfortable editing server.xml, you could unzip the express lucee 5 in another directory, modify server.xml as needed, stop your other instance that you tried to upgrade, and start the express installation.

In any case, that seems easier than comparing jars and trying to figure out which should be in Lucee 5 and which shouldn't be ...

Aria Media Sagl
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

thorste...@googlemail.com

May 30, 2016, 7:30:22 AM5/30/16
to Lucee
Hi Nando,

maybe your suggested step will be the last option for me.
I don't mind to compare a list of 100 jars.
But where do I find the list of jars in lucee 5?

Thorsten

Michael Offner

May 30, 2016, 8:16:16 AM5/30/16
to lucee
Lucee 4.5 needs a lot of jars to run, Lucee 5 only needs the lucee.jar (version 5 of course), nothing else.
So you need to remove all the jars Lucee 5 does not needs, in theory this is not even necessary, Lucee5 does not care about them, but if you keep them you waste a lot of memory for nothing.

So you need to look for jars with the following names and remove them:
ESAPI.jar
PDFBox.jar
PDFRenderer.jar
antlr.jar
apache-commons-httpclient.jar
apache-commons-httpcore.jar
apache-commons-httpmime.jar
apache-commons-sanselan.jar
apache-jakarta-commons-codec.jar
apache-jakarta-commons-collections.jar
apache-jakarta-commons-compress.jar
apache-jakarta-commons-discovery.jar
apache-jakarta-commons-email.jar
apache-jakarta-commons-fileupload.jar
apache-jakarta-commons-httpclient.jar
apache-jakarta-commons-io.jar
apache-jakarta-commons-lang.jar
apache-jakarta-commons-logging-adapters.jar
apache-jakarta-commons-logging-api.jar
apache-jakarta-commons-logging.jar
apache-jakarta-commons-net-ftp.jar
apache-jakarta-commons-net.jar
apache-jakarta-oro.jar
apache-logging-log4j.jar
apache-lucene-analyzers.jar
apache-lucene-highlighter.jar
apache-lucene-misc.jar
apache-lucene-similarity.jar
apache-lucene-snowball.jar
apache-lucene-spellchecker.jar
apache-lucene.jar
apache-poi-ooxml-schemas.jar
apache-poi-ooxml.jar
apache-poi-tm-extractors.jar
apache-poi.jar
apache-ws-axis-ant.jar
apache-ws-axis.jar
apache-xml-xalan.jar
apache-xml-xerces.jar
backport-util-concurrent.jar
bcprov-jdk14.jar
com.naryx.tagfusion.cfx.jar
concurrent.jar
dom4j.jar
ehcache.jar
flex-messaging-common.jar
flex-messaging-core.jar
flex-messaging-opt.jar
flex-messaging-proxy.jar
flex-messaging-remoting.jar
fonts.jar
fusiondebug-api-server.jar
h2.jar
hibernate.jar
hypersonic-hsqldb.jar
icepdf-core.jar
jacob.jar
javaparser.jar
javassist.jar
javasysmon.jar
jcifs.jar
jcommon.jar
jencrypt.jar
jffmpeg.jar
jfreechart-patch.jar
jfreechart.jar
jmimemagic.jar
joda-time.jar
jpedal_gpl.jar
jta.jar
jtds.jar
jug.jar
junit.jar
lowagie.itext.jar
lucee-inst.jar
lucee.jar
metadata-extractor.jar
microsoft-mssqlserver.jar
microsoft-sqljdbc.jar
mysql-connector-java-bin.jar
objectweb-asm-all.jar
ojdbc14.jar
openamf-astranslator.jar
openamf.jar
org.mortbay.jetty.jar
postgresql.jar
railo-sl4j.jar
resolver.jar
serializer.jar
slf4j-api.jar
slf4j-nop.jar
ss_css2.jar
stax-api.jar
sun-activation.jar
sun-jai_codec.jar
sun-jai_core.jar
sun-jndi-ldap.jar
sun-jndi-ldapbp.jar
sun-jndi-ldapsec.jar
sun-jndi-providerutil.jar
sun-mail.jar
sun-security-jaas.jar
sun-xml-jaxrpc.jar
sun-xml-wsdl4j.jar
sun-xml.saaj.jar
tagsoup.jar
w3c-dom.jar
xdb.jar
xml-apis.jar
xmlbeans.jar
xmlparserv2.jar

Micha

thorste...@googlemail.com

May 30, 2016, 8:30:30 AM5/30/16
to Lucee
Hi Micha, thanks.
I will add again all the jars not in your list and hope the

Lucee 5.0.0.252 Error (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException)
Messagejavax.servlet.http.HttpUpgradeHandler not found by lucee.core [64]

error goes away.

Thorsten

Nando Breiter

May 30, 2016, 9:17:09 AM5/30/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thorsten,

Not on Windows, but here is the Lucee 5 lib directory structure I have as of the latest release on a Mac.

Inline image 1

I'm going to assume the (final) structure is the same on Windows because the express install is simply unzipped and either startup.bat or startup.sh is run to start Lucee.

I've seen that Lucee will download missing files on startup, so this structure may not be complete when starting Lucee the first time ...

Aria Media Sagl
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

Joel Stobart

May 31, 2016, 6:43:06 AM5/31/16
to Lucee
I've done a clean install - as per instructions on a Mac. The version of tomcat I used (7.0.69) doesn't include the javax.servlet.http.HttpUpgradeHandler class. This causes an error with a clean install.

Using the one "servlet-api_frominstaller.jar" from here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/lucee/qRXtFzj03Lc

seems to fix it (it does contain that class)

thorste...@googlemail.com

May 31, 2016, 8:58:00 AM5/31/16
to Lucee
Hi Joel,
that's good news.  ;-)

Do I put it in /lib Folder alongside lucee.jar?

Thorsten

thorste...@googlemail.com

Jun 1, 2016, 11:15:34 AM6/1/16
to Lucee

FYI
I replaced the servlet-api.jar in railo/tomcat/lib with the a newer version and bingo it works.

Thanks
Thorsten