lucee hosting recommendations?

Luke

Feb 7, 2017, 3:23:19 PM2/7/17
to Lucee
hi all,

i was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for lucee hosting?

i've been using hostmedia, but i'm just fed up after months of issue after issue :(

thanks

bob

Feb 7, 2017, 3:25:34 PM2/7/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Gotta throw a little love over to viviotech. Not only great service, but Jordan is the person creating the installers we all use!

take care,
bob

Igal @ Lucee.org

Feb 7, 2017, 3:27:29 PM2/7/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com

+1 for Jordan @ Viviotech
https://viviotech.net/lucee-hosting.html

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

Luke

Feb 7, 2017, 3:34:12 PM2/7/17
to Lucee
we actually have a coldfusion site that we host through hostmedia, but is actually on a viviotech server - but its soooo slow, the whole cpanel/php myadmin crawls along

i'll have a look at their lucee hosting

Seth Johnson

Feb 7, 2017, 3:36:29 PM2/7/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hostek has been good for us, options for shared Windows/Linux or VPS.

Seth

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 1:34 PM, 'Luke' via Lucee <lu...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
we actually have a coldfusion site that we host through hostmedia, but is actually on a viviotech server - but its soooo slow, the whole cpanel/php myadmin crawls along

i'll have a look at their lucee hosting

Luke

Feb 7, 2017, 3:50:40 PM2/7/17
to Lucee
thanks, i'll check them out

this is one of the downsides with cf/lucee - hosting. use php you can find a million hosts, but with cf/lucee you're limited. you can go cheap and end up spending all your time dealing with support like with hostmedia, or some of the hosting is so expensive the site owners can't understand the massive increase in price :(

On Tuesday, 7 February 2017 20:36:29 UTC, Seth Johnson wrote:
Hostek has been good for us, options for shared Windows/Linux or VPS.

Seth
On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 1:34 PM, 'Luke' via Lucee <lu...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
we actually have a coldfusion site that we host through hostmedia, but is actually on a viviotech server - but its soooo slow, the whole cpanel/php myadmin crawls along

i'll have a look at their lucee hosting

Mark Drew

Feb 7, 2017, 3:51:31 PM2/7/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I have been using digital ocean (and docker)

Mark Drew
- Sent by typing with my thumbs.

Seth Johnson

mar...@cubicstate.com

Feb 8, 2017, 5:13:32 AM2/8/17
to Lucee
Hi,

+1 for Viviotech.

We use them for most of our hosting now and their support is second to none.

We use their Windows VPS offerings and have found them to be reliable and speedy. We get the occasional network problem, but these are quickly resolved by the Vivio team.

All the best,

Martin

Michael Hnat

Feb 8, 2017, 5:25:17 AM2/8/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com

If you want some swissness, ask mar...@netfusion.ch.

I have all my stuff there and it works like a charm. He’s also doing additional stuff if you need, like elasticsearch, etc.

Best,

Michi

Luke

Feb 8, 2017, 5:56:18 AM2/8/17
to Lucee
thanks to everyone for their suggestions, i will have a look at them all

i was initially put off viviotech by the slowness of their coldfusion server i have a site on through hostmedia, but maybe the issue there is hostmedia and not viveotech as they're most the recommended host!  i don't know the deal with hostmedia and viviotech and who does what on the cf server - i deal with hostmedia for the many support issues and not viviotech - so i don't want to knock viviotech or their lucee hosting as i've never dealt with them

actually, we only moved this one site to the cf server because hostmedia - after months of trying - couldn't get the search collections to work correctly on their then railo servers. i'd rather have had it on railo/lucee because of the admin access

i don't do enough cf/lucee sites to warrant a reseller package

thanks again for your suggestions, if anyone has any others let me know :)

Luke

Feb 8, 2017, 6:02:58 AM2/8/17
to Lucee
netfusion.ch doesn't inspire confidence, http://www.netfusion.ch/ brings back a parking page with a 2014 copyright, and http://hosting.netfusion.ch/ brings back a 'Service Unavailable - HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.'

Patrick Quinn

Feb 8, 2017, 10:36:06 AM2/8/17
to Lucee
Hi all. Just a quick note that we provide fully-managed Lucee hosting in the Amazon cloud. I suspect it's overkill for what's being discussed here (VPS/shared/reseller hosting), but, if anyone's interested, here's some info:

Best,
Patrick Quinn
Product Manager, Lucee

Dave Merrill

Feb 9, 2017, 9:07:35 AM2/9/17
to Lucee
I haven't been a super heavy user, but there's also http://www.luceeplanet.com/, "Lucee 5 SSD coldfusion hosting starting at € 0,99 p/m". They've worked out well for my limited usage, very responsive and helpful, priced right. I have no reason to think they wouldn't be able to handle larger scale sites, just that I have no experience with them at scale.

Luke

Feb 9, 2017, 2:33:17 PM2/9/17
to Lucee
thanks

what the english like of their support?

i've only known a few people from the netherlands, but their english was great!

Dave Merrill

Feb 9, 2017, 5:33:42 PM2/9/17
to Lucee
No problems on that level at all, though I'm pretty low maintenance in general. I did request some changes right when I stated there, all went well.

You did see the language selector in the upper right, yes?

If you're concerned, you could contact them with some questions, see how it goes.

Dave

Denard Springle

Feb 10, 2017, 1:57:29 AM2/10/17
to Lucee
One more +1 for Viviotech. Been using them for a couple of years, after having tried all the others, and I've never been happier with the availability, capability or support I get from them. Top notch CFML support there.

Jonathon Lucas

Feb 20, 2017, 9:37:22 AM2/20/17
to Lucee
Hey Luke,

Sorry to hear this - we are making a number of improvements to our Lucee services and one was moving all services to Cloud based systems for any new accounts + migrating old accounts to the Cloud.

I know you had some tickets open regarding some issues but feel free to drop me a line via the Management department and I will happily pick this up.

Cheers,

Jonathon Lucas

Feb 20, 2017, 9:38:48 AM2/20/17
to Lucee
Hey again :)

Have you tried our new CF hosting services on our Cloud servers? We have CF10 & 11 in the UK - we have more services coming in the near future for Adobe CF.

Cheers,

Francesco Pepe

Feb 21, 2017, 6:26:07 PM2/21/17
to Lucee
+1 for Viviotech, great service with right pricing.