Set server and web password on the console for Automation

Bill Dale

Dec 7, 2016, 12:57:05 PM12/7/16
to Lucee
How do I set the server and web password for the GUI console without using the Web GUI or your installer. I need this for server build automation and auto scaling on AWS.

Thanks,

-- Billy Dale

Mark Drew

Dec 7, 2016, 1:15:53 PM12/7/16
to lucee
it’s set in the server.xml, I suggest having one already defined how you want it and copying as part of your deployment.

Regards

Mark Drew

develop • deploy • deliver

Bill Dale

Dec 7, 2016, 1:36:40 PM12/7/16
to Lucee
Thanks OK I will need to change the following 2 files:

Web

...lucee/h/express/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lucee/lucee-web.xml.cfm

<cfLuceeConfiguration hspw="xxxxxxx" salt="xxxxxxx" version="5.0">

Server

....lucee/h/express/lucee-server/context/lucee-server.xml

<cfLuceeConfiguration hspw="xxxxxxxx" salt="xxxxxxx" version="5.0">

Note: I created the files first, with a know password. Then copied the config in to my build script. While building I inject the config line and "presto" the password is now set on my builds.

Thanks,

Problem solved.

Mark Drew

Dec 7, 2016, 1:56:31 PM12/7/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
You don't need to do the web config if you set a default password for all web contexts in the admin too

Mark Drew
- Sent by typing with my thumbs.

Bill Dale

Dec 7, 2016, 2:59:57 PM12/7/16
to Lucee
What algorithm is used to create the hspw?

Bill Dale

Dec 7, 2016, 4:16:42 PM12/7/16
to Lucee
Where is this feature located?