Restricting debug output by IP not working

Josh Beach

May 25, 2016, 10:44:22 AM5/25/16
to Lucee
We have setup a debug template to use and want to restrict it by IP address.

I have entered my individual IP so that I can only see the output, but it is not working. I don't see any output. The type is classic.

To my understanding, this should be a pretty simple process/setup.

Any thoughts as to what the problem is?

Thanks,

Josh

Mark Drew

May 25, 2016, 10:45:44 AM5/25/16
to lucee
Dump the CGI scope and get the IP, your front end server (apache/nginx/IIS) is not forwarding the client’s IP

Regards

Mark Drew

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

Josh Beach

May 25, 2016, 11:04:30 AM5/25/16
to Lucee
Okay I have done that and it isn't outputting anything.

It only displays debug output when I enter either "*" or  the local host "127.0.0.1" in the admin settings.

Perhaps there is something I am not understanding fully when it comes to setting this up.

Mark Drew

May 25, 2016, 11:06:01 AM5/25/16
to lucee
What is front end web server?

MD

Josh Beach

May 25, 2016, 11:08:07 AM5/25/16
to Lucee
We are using Apache.

Mark Drew

May 25, 2016, 11:13:19 AM5/25/16
to lucee

Josh Beach

May 25, 2016, 12:37:17 PM5/25/16
to Lucee
That article was useful and I have it working now.

Thanks for your help.

Josh

Mark Drew

May 25, 2016, 12:40:44 PM5/25/16
to lucee
Most welcome!

In summary, for other people needing to get the client IP to Lucee from Apache you just need to add

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="127.0.0.1">
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteIpValve" />

To the server.xml in tomcat so that you get the remote IP.

Regards

Mark Drew