Lucee not able to create .Net Object

Jani

Aug 3, 2015, 5:53:59 AM8/3/15
to Lucee
Hi Lucee World,

Here I face a problem that I want to create .Net object in lucee but it throws an error.

My need is that I want to create a .Net/.net/dotnet object for access the OpenXML SDK 2.0 in my project but not able to do so.

Any one have solution for that?

It'll save my day

Thanks in advance.

Kai Koenig

Aug 3, 2015, 6:05:21 AM8/3/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Actually, i'm wondering if .NET integration is even supported at all. I know ACF has it in some way but I never needed to use it.

Unrelated question - why specifically do you need to use that XML library. Can it be done in CFML or some Java XML library instead?

Kai

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Bilal

Aug 3, 2015, 7:14:17 AM8/3/15
to Lucee
Pretty sure that is not possible in lucee.
However, it is extremely easy if you absolutely need to use .net. Enable asp.net on server.
Write an asp.net page and add you .net specific logic there. I would use a simple rest interface.
Then ensure it can only be called locally (iis security or code in page).

You should, then, be able to call it using cfhttp all day long.

Jani

Aug 3, 2015, 7:50:06 AM8/3/15
to Lucee
Thanks buddy,

It's sound easy to implement.

Thanks a lot.

Igal @ Lucee.org

Aug 3, 2015, 7:58:47 AM8/3/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I'd still visit Kai's question if I were you -- can't you achieve your objective with a Java library instead?  you'll get much better performance and integration...

and no, .NET objects are not supported in Lucee, but it ships with the JAva COm Bridge (JACOB -- http://danadler.com/jacob/) which enables communications between Java and COM objects, so that might also be an option here.

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Jesse Shaffer

Aug 5, 2015, 9:31:30 AM8/5/15
to Lucee
Igal,

Just curious if you guys had given this any though as to whether it could be integrated:

http://jni4net.com/

Jani, in the mean time, you might have success generating a Java wrapper around the .Net assembly using the above and then interacting with the Java wrapper from CFML.