ORM issue in Lucee 5

Seb Duggan

Jun 6, 2016, 10:42:43 AM6/6/16
to Lucee
I've got some code which worked fine in Lucee 4.5; it's doing a very simple

entitySave(entity);

But in Lucee 5 I am seeing the error:

lucee.runtime.orm.ORMDatasourceConnection cannot be cast to lucee.runtime.db.DatasourceConnectionImpl

I'm running Lucee 5.0.0.252, against a PostgreSQL database.

I saw a similar casting error a few days ago, in cachePut(). I don't remember the exact error, but it was a Double not being cast to a Timespan if you set the timespan argument as a number (e.g. "1" for 1 day). I got around it by explicitly creating a timespan, but I shouldn't have had to...

Any ideas?

- Seb

Mark Drew

Jun 6, 2016, 10:43:37 AM6/6/16
to lucee
I reported it too, it has been fixed (according to Jira)

MD

--
Win a ticket to dev.objective from Lucee via Twitter, see http://bit.ly/1UbTMWj for details, good luck and see you there...

Seb Duggan

Jun 6, 2016, 10:49:11 AM6/6/16
to Lucee
Ah, should probably have checked Jira first... Wonder how soon that will be on the stable release - it's not even in the snapshot yet...

Strangely, it only occurred when creating a new entity, not updating an existing one.

I'll try to replicate that cacheput() error and log a ticket for that, if it's not already in there.

Seb Duggan

Jun 7, 2016, 10:22:31 AM6/7/16
to Lucee
OK, went ahead and installed snapshot 5.0.1.9 (the version that the ticket says it was fixed in) and all now works perfectly.

Weirdly though, when I changed Lucee updater to the Snapshot channel, although it said the snapshot to be installed was 5.0.1.9, this particular ticket (LDEV-872) wasn't listed in the changes. But it did get installed...

- Seb