Lucee installation on IIS7

Pierre Larde

Jan 5, 2016, 7:59:17 AM1/5/16
to Lucee
Where to get information , guidelines,
from Lucee installation files
to install on a Windows 7 pro and IIS7 server

Thanks for all answers,
Now, I have the Lucce download, and i do not see what to do with the files on IIS7.

Mark Drew

Jan 5, 2016, 8:21:52 AM1/5/16
to lucee
Did you run the windows installer?

MD

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

Pierre Larde

Jan 17, 2016, 4:36:22 PM1/17/16
to Lucee
I got this guide, and used it :

the guide : http://docs.lucee.org/guides/running-lucee/windows.html

I started installing Tomcat,

I did steps : 1 and 2,

All commands of step 3 were OK (command line)

Configuring Tomcat as a Windows service

And at step 4 : service is in the services list, when starting the service

IT FAILED : specific error on the service

Windows could not start the service.

I have checked the Apache Tomcat Properties : there are OK. (in the window panel)

Do you think I can get help on this question ?

Why Windows does not run the Tomcat service ?

Thanks for answer.

Pierre.

Igal @ Lucee.org

Jan 17, 2016, 5:42:33 PM1/17/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
check:

1) the Tomcat log files, usually in your {apache-tomcat}/logs

2) the Windows Event Viewer application log

you will likely find more details about the error there (most likely in the Tomcat log)

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

Plarts

Jan 18, 2016, 7:58:47 AM1/18/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Yes, exactly.

I have found the problem in the logs,

One Java option was written wrong. Has been orrected in the windows register.

Now the service have started.

GREAT …

Thanks a lot.

Pierre.

Pl-Arts : Pierre LARDE

Tel : 04 93 60 48 91

Email : pie...@pl-arts.com

Site :  http://pl-arts.com

Saint-Auban 06850

Mais aussi : http://arpille.com

Pierre Larde

Jan 18, 2016, 4:25:01 PM1/18/16
to Lucee
In this guide :
After running the Tomcat service and installing Lucee (as step 5 in the guide)
(not sure Lucee instal is correct)
I do not have any idea of what to do.
and next steps.
I tried to run a cfm file in the web server,
I got the error 404.3 (it seems that file cannot be handled)
Is it possible for you to help me after that point ?
should not be far.

Pierre.

Pierre Larde

Jan 18, 2016, 5:03:42 PM1/18/16
to Lucee
Hi, Igal,
I found, that I should install the IIS-Tomcat connector. I did it.
It seems to work now.

CFM files must be located in the Tomcat\webapps\root   directory
I tried a basic CFM file with a variable,
and it Worked.

Pierre.

Igal @ Lucee.org

Jan 18, 2016, 5:38:56 PM1/18/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
you can configure the location of your cfm files in Tomcat/conf/server.xml so that they don't have to reside in Tomcat/webapps/root

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

Pierre Larde

Jan 19, 2016, 5:37:44 AM1/19/16
to Lucee
I am not sure of the server.xml line to modify : is that one ?
 <Host name="localhost"  appBase="C:\tomcat\webapps" workdir="c:\tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

I can change "C:\tomcat\webapps"   (without root)  to what ever I want ?
Thanks for your help.
Pierre.

Igal @ Lucee.org

Jan 19, 2016, 11:32:24 AM1/19/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
You actually set it in Context element with the path attribute set to empty string.  Your Host element should look like this:

<Host name="WebsiteName" autoDeploy="false">

    <Alias>WebsiteName.com</Alias>
    <Alias>www.WebsiteName.com</Alias>

    <Context path="" docBase="C:/Path/To/Websites/WebsiteName" />
</Host>

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

Pierre Larde

Jan 19, 2016, 1:00:29 PM1/19/16
to Lucee
Thanks a lot for answers,
For the moment, I can stay in tomcat/webapps/root directory
does not matter to me.
I will see later if somewhere else is preferable.
(with many sites declared)

Bilal

Jan 20, 2016, 10:29:41 AM1/20/16
to Lucee
If you'd rather configure this in iis you can simply point the site root physical path to your tomcat webroot using the iis admin. I would then copy all files from the previous iis direcory to the tomcat one.

Hth,
Bilal