Change Lucee to 32bit Java

pfef...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2015, 12:27:21 PM4/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
My box is a Windows 2012 R2 (64bit) and I installed Lucee with the Windows installer from the downloads section on lucee.org.  How can I change Lucee to use a 32bit java instead of 64bit?

Thanks,
Chris

AJ Mercer

Apr 16, 2015, 12:27:22 AM4/16/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Is it not just a matter of downloading a 64 bit JVM?

My set up
Configuration FileC:\websites\lucee-5-express\lucee-server\context\lucee-server.xml
OSWindows 8.1 (6.3) 64bit
Remote IP0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
Host Namelocalhost
Servlet ContainerApache Tomcat/8.0.15
Java1.8.0_40 (Oracle Corporation) 64bit
Architecture64bit

AJ Mercer

Apr 16, 2015, 12:27:52 AM4/16/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Oh, sorry, you want to go the other way

pfef...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2015, 8:23:37 AM4/16/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks AJ.  I might have found a work around for my issue and may be able to keep 64 bit JVM.  I was just wondering if it's just a matter of replacing what is in the JDK folder with a 32-bit version?

Chris

Sean Corfield

Apr 16, 2015, 12:23:38 PM4/16/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I’m curious: why would you want to run a 32-bit JVM on a 64-bit machine?

Sean

Chris

Apr 16, 2015, 12:27:04 PM4/16/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
<Cough><Cough> To connect to Access <Cough><Cough>

Chris

Sean Corfield

Apr 16, 2015, 12:29:52 PM4/16/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On Apr 16, 2015, at 9:27 AM, Chris <pfef...@gmail.com> wrote:
<Cough><Cough> To connect to Access <Cough><Cough>

Sorry :)

I guess you did something like this:

Sean Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."

Chris

Apr 16, 2015, 12:37:51 PM4/16/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I did look at that, but the access 64bit driver is very buggy.  I would get [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Invalid string or buffer length.

I'm testing http://www.easysoft.com/products/data_access/jdbc-access-gateway/index.html#section=tab-1 and it seems to be working good.

I can't wait to not have to deal with Access anymore.  :)

Chris

Igal Sapir

Apr 20, 2015, 5:26:43 AM4/20/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Lucee's bytecode is the same for 32b and 64b.  simply run a 32b JVM to get it in 32b.

the startup script can be easily modified to point to a different JRE, or use the Tomcat applet to specify the JVM path in the Java tab.

also, you might want to convert the database once to something like H2 and do away with Access once and for all.

Mehdi B

Apr 22, 2015, 2:14:09 PM4/22/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Check in folder:

lucee\tomcat\bin

you will find a tool "Luceew.exe" it will allow you to change JVM used by tomcat. That would do the trick easily or allow you to upgrade JDK, or even use the same as Coldfusion if you have them on the same box like I did ;-).

More over JRE change here:

lu...@lesener.de

Sep 1, 2015, 3:09:34 PM9/1/15
to Lucee
Dear all,

I have to support a legacy application that imports data from Access databases. Today I had to move the application to a server running Windows 2012 R2 and ran of course into the JDBC issue mentioned here.

I'm happy to report that I managed to use the UCanaccess project driver (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ucanaccess/) with Lucee. Requires no ODBC object and connects nicely to the MDB files.

Having to support MDBs is actually the only reason why the server in question is running Windows, so I'll see if UCanaccess is also usable with *nix boxes. Thought I'd share this in case somebody else has MDB pains, too...

Rgds
Lutz

Jordan Michaels

Sep 1, 2015, 3:22:11 PM9/1/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
That's pretty sweet. Have you used UCanAccess with a Linux system yet?
Can you access MDB files on Linux then?

Thank you for letting the community know!

Warm Regards,
Jordan Michaels
> <http://lucee.org>. How can I change Lucee to use a 32bit java
> instead of 64bit?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
>
> --
> See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get
> your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/762b9ef4-93a0-4c64-a856-f3c5f916806c%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/762b9ef4-93a0-4c64-a856-f3c5f916806c%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Jordan Michaels

Sep 1, 2015, 3:27:39 PM9/1/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Ha. In my excitement I didn't fully comprehend your last statement. I'll just eagerly wait to hear how it goes for you on Linux. ;)

Thanks again!

-Jordan
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/55E5FADD.7050600%40viviotech.net.

lu...@lesener.de

Sep 1, 2015, 6:56:26 PM9/1/15
to Lucee
Works for me on OS X: No problems to access an MDB file with Lucee Express and UCanaccess running under Yosemite. Will try Debian tomorrow.

rgds
Lutz

Kim Bélanger

Dec 9, 2015, 11:51:28 PM12/9/15
to Lucee
"I'm happy to report that I managed to use the UCanaccess project driver (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ucanaccess/) with Lucee"

Do you have a quick tutorial on how you managed it please ?
Or maybe a link. Thanks.

lu...@lesener.de

Dec 10, 2015, 5:02:01 AM12/10/15
to Lucee

On Thursday, 10 December 2015 05:51:28 UTC+1, Kim Bélanger wrote:
Do you have a quick tutorial on how you managed it please ?
Or maybe a link. Thanks.

1. Copy the JARs from the archive at http://sourceforge.net/projects/ucanaccess/files/  to the /lib folder of your Lucee installation. You will need at least ucanaccess-x.x.x.jar, jackcess-x.x.x.jar, and hsqldb.jar. Commons-lang-x.x.jar and commons-logging-x.x.x.jar are also required, but they might already be in /lib, I'd make sure I keep the latest version.

2. Restart Lucee.

3. Create a new datasource (either in code or in Lucee Admin) with these settings:
this.datasources["mdb"] = {

class: 'net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessDriver'

, connectionString: 'jdbc:ucanaccess://d:/datapool/example.mdb'

// optional settings

, connectionTimeout: // default: 1; unit: seconds
};

The location of the MDB file in the example connection string refers to a Windows machine. If you're on Linux or OS X, it will look like this:
connectionString: 'jdbc:ucanaccess:///Users/lutz/datapool/example.mdb'

HTH,
Lutz

Kim Bélanger

Dec 10, 2015, 2:33:42 PM12/10/15
to Lucee
Oh nice thanks a lot. That works well with a standard mdb.
But did you also managed to make it work with a secured MDB + MDW database ?
I read a lot on jacksess/jackcessencrypt and can't find a way to do it with connection strings.
Maybe you have an idea ?

Merci beaucoup !

lu...@lesener.de

Dec 10, 2015, 3:00:19 PM12/10/15