Is Lucee 4.5 a drop-in replacement for Railo 4.1?

Matt Woodward

Oct 13, 2016, 11:51:50 AM10/13/16
to Lucee
Specifically we're needing to do NTLM authentication in a custom component on Mura 6, and from what I can tell there's a bug in Railo 4.1 that prevents NTLM authentication from working properly in CFHTTP. It looks like this was fixed in Railo 4.2, but since I'm out of the CFML world now I don't know how Railo 4.2 translates into the Lucee world.

We'll do our due diligence and test of course, but I wanted to ask at a high level in case this is a non-starter for some reason. Thanks!

Julian Halliwell

Oct 13, 2016, 12:01:27 PM10/13/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I haven't used NTLM so can't give you a firm answer, Matt, but Lucee
was forked from Railo 4.2 and I can't see any subsequent related
regressions in the issue tracker. There have been updates to the http
library jars though so best to check.

Matt Woodward

Oct 13, 2016, 5:48:16 PM10/13/16
to Lucee
Great -- thanks! I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

Harry Klein

Oct 14, 2016, 3:06:55 AM10/14/16
to Lucee

Hi Matt,

there were some problems with the bundled Apache http libraries in the past, like this one:

https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/browse/LDEV-918?focusedCommentId=19815&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel

So I would recommend at least version 4.5.2

-Harry

--
Get 10% off of the regular price for this years CFCamp in Munich, Germany (Oct. 20th & 21st) with the Lucee discount code Lucee@cfcamp. 189€ instead of 210€. Visit https://ti.to/cfcamp/cfcamp-2016/discount/Lucee@cfcamp
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/6e3877c5-14a8-4b84-b624-8569eb1a5d0d%40googlegroups.com.

Matt Woodward

Oct 14, 2016, 9:41:22 AM10/14/16
to Lucee
Thanks for the additional info Harry!

Matt Woodward

Oct 14, 2016, 10:28:31 AM10/14/16
to Lucee
I noticed one thing in our code that I'm wondering if it will work on Lucee.

We have some weird stuff with Oracle storedprocs that we had to implement in Java and Groovy, but in the CFML code that interfaces with all that we're doing things like this:
<cfset q = CreateObject('java', 'railo.runtime.type.QueryImpl').init(rs, "data")>

With Lucee have the Java package names changed such that railo.* no longer applies?

I could test this but figured I'd ask to save myself some time if this just isn't going to work. Thanks.

Mark Drew

Oct 14, 2016, 10:29:58 AM10/14/16
to lucee
Yeah, just replace it with "lucee.”

MD

Matt Woodward

Oct 14, 2016, 10:32:23 AM10/14/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mark!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/4a8694bb-7aec-4c4e-8cbc-1f480a1be98d%40googlegroups.com.

Get 10% off of the regular price for this years CFCamp in Munich, Germany (Oct. 20th & 21st) with the Lucee discount code Lucee@cfcamp. 189€ instead of 210€. Visit https://ti.to/cfcamp/cfcamp-2016/discount/Lucee@cfcamp
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Lucee" group.