Monitoring Lucee/Heap Space

Grant Griffith

Dec 5, 2015, 10:48:01 PM12/5/15
to Lucee
I am running Lucee on a Oracle Linux server and I am using Nagios to monitor regular server info.

What does everyone use to monitor JVM Heap, and apache info?  Any extra tools?

I have not been able to jstat to run and produce any results.

Thanks!

Andrew Dixon

Dec 6, 2015, 5:02:05 AM12/6/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Grant,

FusionReactor is probably your best bet for all round Lucee monitoring, including JVM, etc...:

Kind regards,

Andrew

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

David Eurenius

Dec 6, 2015, 9:34:55 AM12/6/15
to Lucee
May I also suggest Dripstat.

Works great for our needs.

--David

Ivan Rotrekl

Dec 6, 2015, 4:25:22 PM12/6/15
to Lucee
Well, for JVM monitoring there is also visualvm, it is part of the JDK itself.

Regards

Ivan

AJ Mercer

Dec 14, 2015, 2:13:38 AM12/14/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivan

Do you have any notes, or point me to somewhere, for hooking up visualvm with Tomcat8/Lucee?

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

AJ Mercer

Dec 14, 2015, 2:28:39 AM12/14/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
this got me going

For those on Windows (last 3 options)
Inline images 1

Then
Inline images 3

Ivan Rotrekl

Dec 14, 2015, 5:19:19 AM12/14/15
to Lucee
Yes, that's exactly it. Also there is a cool plugin called Tracer available inside visualvm ( Tools > Plugins ). It shows the basic monitoring info over a greater period of time than the visualvm itself.

Bilal

Dec 14, 2015, 9:21:29 AM12/14/15
to Lucee
Along the same lines I had written a blogpost a while back for Railo. The principals apply to Lucee as well.

http://boncode.blogspot.com/2013/04/cf-railo-using-visualvm-tool-to-monitor.html?m=1

Best,
B.