Deploying a Lucee-based application across multiple environments

Sid Wing

Apr 12, 2016, 8:40:50 AM4/12/16
to Lucee
Here is my conundrum:

We have multiple legacy ACF applications we are trying to convert to Lucee.

We have 4 environments (DEV/TEST/STAGING/PROD).

We want to be able to deploy these apps across the platforms (from DEV to Test to Stage to Prod) with little-to-no human intervention.

The easiest way would be to deploy them as a WAR file - so that we can just "drag and drop" (I use that term loosely) them from one Tomcat to the next.

The only differences are some minor changes in the Lucee configurations (turning debug display on and off, template caching, etc).

Can someone tell me where the Lucee web and server configurations are stored?  Are they in XML files?  Is there documentation on these files?

My plan is to build config files - 1 set for each environment.

Then the deployment would go something like this:

1) SVN Checkout (from whatever appropriate branch)
2) Maven build the WAR file (with the appropriate config file(s) for whichever environment it is deploying to)
3) Deploy the WAR file in Tomcat

We already have a method for the application to check and configure its datasources based on the environments - just trying to figure out the best way to accomplish the rest of this.

(Servers are Linux - developer computers are Windows)

Sid Wing

Apr 12, 2016, 8:57:02 AM4/12/16
to Lucee
I might not have been clear - we want to deploy the App AND Lucee as one bundle. Just to be clear.

Mark Drew

Apr 12, 2016, 9:03:23 AM4/12/16
to lucee
Hey Sid

If you are looking at a normal express install of Lucee (should be the same for the installer) the configs are:

Server:

lucee/lib/ext/lucee-server/context/lucee-server.xml

Web:
(context)/WEB-INF/lucee/lucee-web.xml.cfm
And yeah they are in XML files :)

Regards

MD

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

Mark Drew

Apr 12, 2016, 9:05:42 AM4/12/16
to lucee
To create a WAR file you would also need to include all the libs that are in lucee/lib/ext/ in the WEB-INF/libs folder (if I recall correctly)

MD

Adam Chapman

Apr 13, 2016, 7:49:24 AM4/13/16
to Lucee
I do a similar thing.. See the bash script in the link below which creates a finished war file that I deploy to a tomcat container.

There is probably a bunch of stuff in there you don't need..

Regards,
Adam

Sid Wing

Apr 13, 2016, 9:16:42 AM4/13/16
to Lucee
Thanks, Adam!  I'll look this over!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Lucee" group.

Sid Wing
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." - Elric