new lucee install cpanel vps

Bill B

Mar 7, 2016, 12:54:06 PM3/7/16
to Lucee
Hi All,

I am new to lucee.  Long time CF user.
I am in the process of migrating from Cold Fusion on Windows to Lucee Cold Fusion on linux vps running CentOS 6 + cPanel
Installed Lucee successfully using

./lucee-4.5.2.018-pl0-linux-x64-installer.run

Please wait while Setup installs Lucee on your computer.

 Installing
 0% ______________ 50% ______________ 100%
 ########################################Warning: Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete
correctly
Press [Enter] to continue:
#
Setup has finished installing Lucee on your computer.

Ran:
./install_mod_cfml.sh -f/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf  -d/usr/lib64/httpd/modules -c/usr/sbin/apachectl -k "biglongkey" -m install

./install_mod_proxy.sh -m install  -f /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf -t 8888 -c /usr/sbin/apachectl

Added this to the end of /opt/lucee/tomcat/conf/server.xml
   <Host name="domain1.com" appBase="webapps">
             <Context path="" docBase="/home/domain1/public_html" />
             <Alias>www.domain1.com</Alias>
             <Alias>domain1.com</Alias>
    </Host>

    <Host name="domain2.com" appBase="webapps">
             <Context path="" docBase="/home/domain2/public_html" />
             <Alias>www.domain2.com</Alias>
             <Alias>domain2.com</Alias>
    </Host>

Restarted Lucee to pick up changes new server entry's

Mon Mar 07 10:12:06  2016 Loaded Lucee Version 4.5.2.018
WEB CONTEXT (1d7cc5c9dfb9488b4939f27b87fc90a4)
- config:/home/domain2/public_html/WEB-INF/lucee
- webroot:/home/domain23/public_html/
- hash:1d7cc5c9dfb9488b4939f27b87fc90a4
- label:1d7cc5c9dfb9488b4939f27b87fc90a4

07-Mar-2016 10:12:14.342 INFO [domain2.com-startStop-1] org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned bu
t no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.

When started the /home/domain2/public_html contained

drwxr-x---  4 domain2 nobody    4096 Mar  7 10:37 ./
drwx--x--x 12 domain2 domain2   4096 Mar  7 08:42 ../
drwxr-xr-x  3 root    root      4096 Mar  6 14:39 WEB-INF/
-rwxrw-r--  1 domain2 domain2   170 Mar  6 13:27 test.cfm*
drwxr-xr-x  2 domain2 domain2   4096 Mar  6 13:25 cgi-bin/

Cat test.cfm

cat test.cfm
<head>
<title>My first page</title>
</head>
<h1>Hello World!</h1>
<cfoutput>
</cfoutput>

The source above comes back in the web page looking as it des above.

If I run the same test.cfm page in /opt/lucee/tomcat/webapps/ROOT  All works fine:

000 replaced with ip address of server in format of  http://000.000.000.000:8888/test.cfm

Returns:
Hello World!

The time is {ts '2016-03-07 10:42:30'}

Not sure where I need to go next to resolve issue.  Any advice would be helpful.

Bill

Jordan Michaels

Mar 7, 2016, 3:51:43 PM3/7/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Bill,

Interesting timing. I was working on this just last week.

When installing Lucee on cPanel there are quite a few things that need to happen and unique processes that need to take place for things to run smoothly inside cPanel. Throw in things like CloudLinux into the mix and you have potential for a confusing mess. The Lucee4cPanel project was started to help address these issues, and to develop cPanel hooks and processes that make Lucee run smoothly in a cPanel shared-hosting environment. The project was started as 'railo4cPanel' and still *mostly* works, but the code is a bit aged and things don't always work the way they should.

My advice is to wait a little bit, until I have a fully updated version of Lucee4cPanel that you can use. I'll be using the latest Lucee 5 installer and the latest version of cPanel, so you should be able to get up and going right away once I have things updated.

You can see what's currently available here:
https://github.com/utdream/Lucee4cPanel

However, again, this is aged and doesn't work 100% as intended. I'm working on it!

--
Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels

Bill B

Mar 7, 2016, 11:38:21 PM3/7/16
to Lucee
Hi Jordan,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I came across the https://github.com/utdream/Lucee4cPanel repo yesterday.  I noticed it wasn't up to date.

Let me know if you need help with testing or coding.

I am starting to walk through the scripts now to understand what I need to do to get things moving forward on the vps I am testing out.

Bill

Tim B

Mar 1, 2017, 3:25:25 AM3/1/17
to Lucee
Hey Jordan -- Is Lucee4Cpanel dead or is there a better alternative we can use?

Tim B

Mar 1, 2017, 10:34:01 AM3/1/17
to Lucee
I tried using the other mod_cfml.so files that came with Lucee and received the following errors when trying to start httpd with 2 different mod_cfml.so files:
- Cannot load /etc/apache2/modules/mod_cfml.so: undefined symbol: ap_log_error
- Cannot load modules/mod_cfml.so into server: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /etc/apache2/modules/mod_cfml.so)

In one case GLIBC_2.14 is not supported by CentOS 6 so we can ignore that one.

In the other case, I'm not sure what causes ap_log_error, any ideas?

Also note, I am trying to do this with the latest Cpanel with EasyApache4

Jordan Michaels

Mar 1, 2017, 9:26:50 PM3/1/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tim,

Not dead, just on hold for the moment. What our own team has been doing is using the lucee4cPanel project and then just upgrading it all. Kinda stinks, but it works.

Sorry for the delay on this.
> email to lucee+un...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/a2d011f3-aecb-47f0-8fc7-3c5887e42d3c%40googlegroups.com.

Jordan Michaels

Mar 1, 2017, 9:34:57 PM3/1/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I don't think any of those were compiled specifically for cPanel, so you'll probably need to compile it directly. Basic instructions are at the bottom of this page:

http://www.modcfml.org/index.cfm/install/web-server-components/apache-on-centos/

--
Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels