Change in <cfldap> "sort" behaviour from Railo 3.3 to Railo 4.2

Rob Nikkel

May 13, 2015, 7:25:36 PM5/13/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I know this is a Lucee group and I haven't yet had time to test this on a Lucee server, but I just discovered an issue in Railo 4.2 which I'm wondering if anyone else has bumped into.

AD has a default MaxPageSize setting that prevents more than 1000 objects by default from being returned in a single LDAP query.  We have tried to get around this setting when integrating with AD by supporting a paging mechanism.  When we query AD we sort by USNChanged from oldest to newest updated objects and as we do this, each time we query we look for only those higher than the largest USNChanged value previously encountered.

This has worked well, but we discovered yesterday that in Railo 4.2 we are hitting the page limitation and getting results back that are sorted in USNChanged order, but are missing objects with USNChanged values lower than the maximum value in the result set.  If anyone else has experienced this or it is known to be fixed in Lucee 4.5+ please let me know.

Thanks, Rob

Andrew Dixon

May 14, 2015, 12:18:45 AM5/14/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob,

We are not aware that this has been fixed in Lucee 4.5 or above, so I would recommend that you test it out on Lucee 4.5 and if it is still occurring please raise a bug on the Lucee issue tracker (https://luceeserver.atlassian.net) with a test case if possible.

Thanks

Kind regards,

Andrew

Rob Nikkel

May 14, 2015, 6:13:14 PM5/14/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Andrew,

I just installed Lucee on a server locally and tested it out with version 4.5 and I'm getting the same behaviour (this is a bummer).

Steps to replicate:

1)  Alter your AD MaxPageSize policy to a lower page size (say 100.  something lower than your overall user count)
2)  Use the attached LDAP test tool to query users and dump their info to the screen
3)  You'll find it will not paginate through all your users but ultimately end it's loop b/c it gets back higher USNChanged objects than expected

Any questions, just ask.  Need to think about how to work around this.

Rob
ad_test.cfm