new beta release (5.0.0.65-BETA)

Information Lucee

Aug 31, 2015, 4:14:32 PM8/31/15
to lucee-su...@googlegroups.com, lu...@googlegroups.com
There is a new beta release (5.0.0.65-BETA) available to download on our download page:

You cannot update to this version from within the Lucee Administrator.

Have a good day

Release Notes:
[LDEV-340] - SpoolerEngineImpl$SimpleThread can get in an endless loop
[LDEV-370] - cfscript Query doesn't play well with oracle parameters
[LDEV-432] - Better ORM Errors, Include SQL statement
[LDEV-492] - XML objects don't cast to string properly
[LDEV-501] - PostgreSQL Driver Queries Fail in 4.5.2.005
[LDEV-503] - Lucee fails to read cookie
[LDEV-504] - controller thread can get blocked
[LDEV-509] - datasource storage clean open new connection
[LDEV-511] - coldbox fails with Lucee 5
[LDEV-502] - JavaInterface.getClass() Throws Error

Samuel W. Knowlton

Sep 1, 2015, 11:59:16 AM9/1/15
to Lucee, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
I apologize for repeating this question as I suspect the answer is obvious, but it has kept us from testing Lucee for a couple of weeks now.

With both this version and the previous one that you referred us to (5.0.0.49), it is easy enough to install but the server & web admin files are not deployed. Everything else is - our web contexts get /lucee/context/admin folders but that folder just contains other folders and no .CFM files.

I remember reading that the administrator was itself an extension now, so presumably the fix is to drop in the appropriate .LEX file, but I do not see immediately where to find it.

Thank you,
Samuel Knowlton

mmm mmm

Sep 1, 2015, 9:51:49 PM9/1/15
to Lucee, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
The web and server admin extensions are there but didn't load for me on the first run, restarting worked for me but....

no other extensions are available in the extensions menu.

also having issues with the postgres jdbc osgi stuff, would love to use the most recent jdbc driver 9.4 vs 9.1 but that damn osgi
won't recognize it, or it's not a osgi enabled jar or whatever.

How about a other-jdbc driver database connection extension that we could still drop our jar files in the lib directory without needing osgi
than set our own class/connection strings.

Harry Klein

Sep 2, 2015, 8:05:41 AM9/2/15
to Lucee, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this update, I replaced the lucee.jar and all jars in the bundle folder.

But now I get these errors if I try to open the server/web administration?
Page /admin/server.cfm [/opt/tomcat/lucee-web/cms/context/admin/server.cfm] not found
Page /admin/web.cfm [/opt/tomcat/lucee-web/cms/context/admin/web.cfm] not found

Maybe I missed something in my upgrade steps?
I remember that I heard something about moving the admin to an extension? Maybe this was the case?

Thanks,Harry

Harry Klein

Sep 2, 2015, 10:48:41 AM9/2/15
to Lucee, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
To respond to my own answer (maybe it is helpful for others):
I fixed this issue by downloading the Express version and copying the context/deploy folder to my server.
After reloading the service the Admin was accessible again.
As expected, the Lucee Admin was moved to an extensions.

Unfortunately I lost my webs and web settings with this update. And some Admin settings were changed/missing.

-Harry

Michael Offner

Sep 3, 2015, 2:22:16 AM9/3/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
The admin get automatically installed after startup with new Lucee installations (Lucee express), because the admin extension is in the deploy folder (along others). Problem is that Lucee checks only every minute if there are new extensions to deploy. So after startup it takes a minute until the extension get installed, we will improve that, that it looks earlier after startup.

Micha
--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Michael Offner

Sep 3, 2015, 2:38:14 AM9/3/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
OSGi is changing the game when it comes to JDBC, JDBC is made to be unique to one JVM instance and when loaded not can be changed until you restart the JVM. With help of OSGi and some tricks we where able to get different versions running at the same time and that we can unload already loaded drivers. So you can for example load postgre 9.1 in one context and 9.4 in an other. You can even load one version in one datasource definition and an other version in a other datasource definition of the same context (needs manual settings in the XML).
Problem with that is that The Lucee OSGi engine completely ignores classes loaded by the system classloader, because it handles all classes by itself.
So best is really using the Extension to install drivers, I I'll provide version 9.1and 9.4 for download.

Micha
--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Michael Offner

Sep 3, 2015, 2:49:09 AM9/3/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
To be honest we have spend no time to make the current releases of Lucee 5 update able.
We will do an update guide in the wiki for people updating from 4.5 to 5.
With details about the admin installation.

Btw as long you have an Internet connection you don't have to update the bundles jars, Lucee will take care on startup that all bundles are present in the right version and download a jar if necessary. It also doesn't matter if there are multiple versions of the same bundle in the bundles folder. Lucee only loads the jars necessary and it recognize the right jar by reading the manifest of the jar.

Micha
--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Harry Klein

Sep 3, 2015, 3:34:02 AM9/3/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com

Hi Micha,

no problem, I should use Slack more often – I read the discussion about the Admin extension too late.

A update guide already exists, we have to add some details there:

https://bitbucket.org/lucee/lucee/wiki/Lucee_5_Upgrading_Railo

Thanks fort he hint about the bundles.

-Harry

Samuel W. Knowlton

Sep 3, 2015, 10:04:45 AM9/3/15
to Lucee
>> On Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 1:22:16 AM UTC-5, Micha wrote:
The admin get automatically installed after startup with new Lucee installations (Lucee express), because the admin extension is in the deploy folder (along others).

While I will grab the express version to solve this for now, how was I meant to get the admin extension with just the JAR installation? It did not have the admin extension in the deploy folder.

Michael Offner

Sep 3, 2015, 2:52:10 PM9/3/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
That problem will only exist for updates of existing installations and custom installations, we will do a wiki entry for this that will explain the install step by step including the admin. We are working ATM to improve our download page, in the future it will dynamically recognize that there is an update and provide all necessary data. Not only for Lucee itself, we will also provide all available extension to download.

Micha
--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Vikas Patel

Sep 8, 2015, 6:04:36 AM9/8/15
to Lucee, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com

Can you explain in detail? I also faced that web admin and server admin is inaccessible. How to solve this?

Vikas Patel

Sep 8, 2015, 6:05:51 AM9/8/15
to Lucee, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
OK it will be accessible after 1 minute.

Michael Offner

Sep 17, 2015, 1:46:07 PM9/17/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
The admin is an extension now, so it takes some time until Lucee has installed it ...

Micha
--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Jesse Shaffer

Sep 23, 2015, 7:38:02 AM9/23/15
to Lucee, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
Hey, just getting to the point of playing with this.  I wanted to share my experience.

First off, I'm doing this all in Eclipse, and with no pre-existing installation of Lucee.

So, I setup a maven-based webapp and added lucee 5.0.0.65 as a dependency. Cool!  Except...it added a crap-ton of compile-time dependencies that get dumped into web-inf/lib.  Trying to run it on tomcat with all those dependencies prevents the site from launching.  So I added exclusions for everything except for lucee and felix.  Success - I can now deploy to tomcat and get a basic index page.

Next - time to inspect the admin.  Navigate to /lucee/admin/web.cfm throws an exception saying that it is unavailable.  I read that it is an extension that is *supposedly* automatically installed.  No such luck.  I do notice the lucee-admin.lar in the context folder, and decide to drag that into the deploy folder.  Success, sortof.  The admin is deployed as /admin (not /lucee/admin).  I try to log in, and it fails to load the stylesheet from [host/webapp]/res/css/admin-6eff1a86ddbfdec9.css.cfm?1442983046863.  I go and manually reconfigure the lucee-web.xml.cfm mapping for the admin and change the virtual from "/admin" to "/lucee/admin" and everything now works.

Here's what I'd have to see changed in order for this to be production ready.
1. Provide a maven artifact of the lucee-x.x.x.x.jar that only has the felix framework dependency for the purpose of easily setting up a maven webapp.
2. Provide a servlet parameter that tells it to add the (correct) mapping for the lucee-admin.lar automatically.

Jesse Shaffer

Sep 23, 2015, 9:28:13 AM9/23/15
to Lucee, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
Ok, some more personal discovery going on here.  Apparently the automatic install of the admin does take place if you're working with the express version.  I however am not. Therefore, I need to make sure my webapp has the necessary .lex files placed in WEB-INF/lucee/deploy.  Not quite what I was hoping for as far as dependency management goes, but perhaps this too shall improve.  So scratch off #2.

Also, and this may be that the extension provider is not yet setup, but I do not see any other extensions available to install other than what i've installed.

Samuel W. Knowlton

Nov 13, 2015, 7:10:47 PM11/13/15
to Lucee, lucee-su...@googlegroups.com
Earlier this week, I installed Lucee 5 (.098) from the JAR and then grabbed the administrator from the Express ZIP. Easy.

I went to do the same thing today from scratch, but none of the Express installers (for the beta release or the snapshot release) seem to have a /context/deploy folder.  The administrator does not seem to be installed automatically from the JAR version.

Where can I find the extension for the administrator, or is there an alternative means of doing this now?

Thanks,
Sam

AJ Mercer

Nov 14, 2015, 8:25:26 AM11/14/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
there was an email from Micha about moving deploy folder up one level

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html