Setting up SSL on sites

Richard McKenna

Mar 2, 2015, 5:39:15 AM3/2/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Due to where I work I have been limited to using ACF but would like to use Lucee for future projects. I just need a bit of advise on how to set some things up.

I've fired up a Virtual Machine on Azure for testing things and installed IIS and then Lucee using the windows installer. All went well and I have my first virtual host up and running by adding the host to the server.xml file

<Host name="test.example.com" appBase="webapps">
        <Context path="" docBase="C:\websites\test.example.com\" />
</Host>

With ACF I'm used to having the site setup in IIS and making use of the URL Rewrite Module and everything else IIS has to offer.

Should I be setting up a corresponding site in IIS in order to make use of the URL Rewrite module?

Also where should I be installing SSL Certificates and what if any settings do I need to change in Tomcat/Lucee?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Richard

Jordan Michaels

Mar 2, 2015, 3:09:25 PM3/2/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

> Should I be setting up a corresponding site in IIS in order to make
> use of the URL Rewrite module?

You can certainly do that, but you're not required to. The decision to
use IIS and all it's related features is totally up to you. The idea of
"should" should be replaced with "do I want to". =)

> Also where should I be installing SSL Certificates and what if any
> settings do I need to change in Tomcat/Lucee?

If you're using IIS in front of Lucee, then you should install your
SSL's in IIS. There's no need to change anything in your Lucee setup in
order to support SSL.

Hope this helps!

Warm Regards,
Jordan Michaels