MSSQL 4.2 JDBC Drivers...

Dawesi

Dec 14, 2016, 10:00:49 PM12/14/16
to Lucee
The mssql drivers were updated in September 2016 to version 6.0 (aka version 4.2 of the driver)...

Any chance that could be bundled with the next release?

Download:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt484311(v=sql.110).aspx

Release Notes:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/aa342325(v=sql.110).aspx

Joseph Gooch

Dec 15, 2016, 6:20:23 AM12/15/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
At the time I last looked at this 6.0 was in beta...  That and I've held off because the 6.x drivers lose support for older SQL servers (i.e. 2005)  Whether that's *actually* a problem or not I'm not sure.  I was exploring options to support both versions simultaneously. (Which is possible through OSGi with some modifications to the datasources support, or through a wrapper driver)

As of now I believe 6.1 is the most recent.  MS just released the driver in open source, and it's maven accessible.
-G

Joseph Gooch

Dec 15, 2016, 7:31:37 AM12/15/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
If you want 6.0 support now you can drop the .lex file from here:

Into your deploy folder
-G