Problem with mod_cfml from the install

Andrew Dixon

Oct 30, 2015, 1:05:45 PM10/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I have a new AWS EC2 instance running Amazon Linux and, like I have done many times previously, I have installed HTTPD (using yum) and then installed Lucee using the Linux 64bit installer. This all appears to have worked fine and there are no errors in the install.log file, etc... HTTPD and Lucee server is working fine, so I've added the virtual hosts I need in Apache and accessing none CFML files, they are being picked up from the correct document root specified in the HTTPD config, e.g.

/var/www/html/mysite.com

however when I attempt to access any CFML file from any of the virtual hosts it is always going to:

/opt/lucee/tomcat/webapps/ROOT

and if I look in Lucee server admin there is only one context shown under the "Web contexts" section on the server admin home page, when normally it shows one per virtual host.

Anyone got any ideas why this time mod_cfml has not worked as it has done previously for me and not created the contexts in Tomcat automatically for each new virtual host as it is meant to?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Jamie Jackson

Oct 30, 2015, 1:32:24 PM10/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Assuming you didn't unset the connector installation switch at the command line.

Do you have:

That stuff should happen automatically, but I think that's all there is to getting mod_cfml working. (Others will correct me if I'm wrong, no doubt.)

Thanks,
Jamie

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Jordan Michaels

Oct 30, 2015, 2:10:49 PM10/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

IIRC, EC2 uses local networking in order pass requests directly to your VM instance. The way requests get routed may be changing the HTTP headers that mod_cfml httpd adapter needs in order to pass the correct values to the mod_cfml valve. Would you mind enabling logging in your Apache config for the mod_cfml adapter and seeing what it's reporting and passing to Tomcat? This should shed some light on what's going on exactly, and we can work on a solution from there.

Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels
about.me <http://about.me/andrew_dixon> - mso <http://www.mso.net> - Lucee
Association Member <http://lucee.org>

Andrew Dixon

Oct 30, 2015, 2:26:35 PM10/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jamie,

Yep, that is all present and correct. I should have mentioned that in the original post.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Andrew Dixon

Oct 30, 2015, 2:28:50 PM10/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jordan,

Is it just the:

LogHeaders true

I need to add? And which Apache log do they end up in?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Jordan Michaels

Oct 30, 2015, 4:37:51 PM10/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
http://www.modcfml.org/index.cfm/documentation/modcfml-so-apache-module/config-options/

Uncomment any option with the word "log" in front of it. The log location will depend on your system and its configuration. Since you're on CentOS I'd start looking in /var/log/httpd and if it's not there check your site-specific logs.

Hope this helps.

-Jordan

I need to add? And which Apache log do they end up in?

Kind regards,

Andrew
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG1WijUS20UZKK9%2BSOEOcXcsujcqrYb2cr%3DV_ps6_ZDYa6WQ_w%40mail.gmail.com.

Jordan Michaels

Oct 30, 2015, 4:42:09 PM10/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
:%s/Since/If/g

Not sure why I said 'since' there. =\

Warm Regards,
Jordan Michaels

Andrew Dixon

Oct 30, 2015, 7:01:46 PM10/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jordan,

Fixed it, but I'm not sure why this happened. Basically when I when into httpd.conf to turn on the logging I found the:

LoadModule modcfml_module modules/mod_cfml.so
CFMLHandlers ".cfm .cfc .cfml"
ModCFML_SharedKey "[key]"
LogHeaders false
LogHandlers false
LogAliases false
VDirHeader false

Was all missing and the mod_cfml.so was missing from the modules directory. All the mod_proxy stuff that Jamie mentioned was there ok, but not the above. I then tried running the install_mod_cfml.sh manually from the sys directory, using the key from the server.xml file in the Tomcat directory it appeared like it worked but it still didn't add the above or copy around the mod_cfml.so file. So I added this manually and copied across the mod_cfml.so file and then everything worked.

I definitely selected to install mod_cfml as I installed and uninstalled Lucee three times in attempts to fix this. All a bit odd.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Jordan Michaels

Oct 30, 2015, 7:27:30 PM10/30/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Andrew,

Thanks for reporting back.

The default version of Linux that Amazon uses is slightly unusual, and has thrown off some of the installer processes in the past as well that I've had to code around. It very much reminds me of web development for IE - where this huge corp expects you to code things a little bit differently just for them. I've created the following issue report and will look into it:

https://github.com/utdream/CFML-Installers/issues/74

Thanks again.

[...]

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG1WijWtUjzAzESYR%2BUY%2BO0F-04EHxL49wuC05WGJA%2BK1JxH_Q%40mail.gmail.com.

Andrew Dixon