c++ cfx

Richard Meredith-Hardy

Oct 15, 2015, 5:46:07 AM10/15/15
to Lucee
I've been asked back to look at an app I originally wrote for internal use in c.1998, I last looked at it about 5 years ago, and amazingly they're still using it daily.  Anyway, it's currently on Win2k3 (32) / ACF8 and they want to move it to Win2012R2 (x64) / Lucee.  I'm sure it will mostly port over quite easily, the biggest issue is quite a complex calendar which uses CFX_ISOCalendar , which is a C++ CFX originally written for Allaire CF2....

Since it might be far easier to keep this going rather than rewrite the calendar part of the app, I found various notes about how to register these CFXes in the web admin, and I think I've done that correctly because it verifies OK.  However, if I run a simple test it completely crashes tomcat with the error EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION ... problematic frame [x64CFXNativeLib.dll+0x11da]    So I found something about this too, which doesn't have any answer, but for sure I can find no *CFXNativeLib* anywhere in the box, and google doesn't turn up much else for it either...

My questions:
Anyone know where I can find these dlls?
A comment to this article suggests this 32 bit CFX will never work on x64, so If I do find these dlls, am I onto a complete loser anyway?

Thanks

Richard

Nando Breiter

Oct 15, 2015, 7:37:10 AM10/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Sideways ... what about using jQuery UI's calendar? Assuming that CFX_ISOCalendar simply generates a user interface to choose a date. It's well documented and maintained, easy to implement, already written, of course ...

Aria Media Sagl
Via Rompada 40
6987 Caslano
Switzerland

+41 (0)91 600 9601
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Terry Whitney

Oct 15, 2015, 12:27:55 PM10/15/15
to Lucee
If you had the source you could recompile,but that may not be an option.

I would install the Visual studio 4, 5 & 6 C++ runtimes on the host machine you are trying to get this to run on. Then reboot it.

Its may just work or you may end up having to install some really old java libraries to get it to run. It can be done, it maybe exceedingly costly or painful to do so.

Richard Meredith-Hardy

Oct 18, 2015, 4:50:49 AM10/18/15
to Lucee
I don't have the source.

I did your suggestion of installing the runtimes, but no joy.

Looks like I'm going to have to rebuild the calendar part of the app <sigh>

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Richard

Robert Munn

Oct 18, 2015, 12:29:54 PM10/18/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
You might want to look at full calendar.js, a jQuery calendar that produces a client-side Outlook style calendar that has hooks for viewing and editing calendar entries, including multiway events, etc.

You will still need code on the server side for calendar functionality, but it does everything else for you.

--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Robert Munn

Oct 18, 2015, 5:02:39 PM10/18/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
stupid auto-correct. multi-day events.

Richard Meredith-Hardy

Oct 19, 2015, 4:23:47 AM10/19/15
to Lucee
I'll take a look, thanks.

The main thing I need to recreate is a very condensed year planner which works (worked) great with cfx_isocalendar

Richard