Problem logging into Lucee Server Administrator

Marcel van Langen

Feb 18, 2016, 3:57:57 AM2/18/16
to Lucee
Hello all,

Just a small question. I was installing Lucee on a development Windows machine that previously had Railo and Lucee installed.

When I installed Lucee (latest stable release) again, it asked me for an administrator password. I used a standard password that I always use for development machines. But when the install was complete, the standard password didn't work on the lucee Server admin. First time I thought I had made a mistake typing, but I ended up uninstalling and installing Lucee 3 times. All 3 times I could not log in with the given password. So probably Lucee has the password stored somewhere from a previous install. I looked online for a reset, but they all seem to concern previous versions of Lucee.

What can I do? Hope to hear from you!

Marcel

Paul Klinkenberg

Feb 18, 2016, 5:22:34 AM2/18/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcel,

If you remove the hashed password from the file  {lucee-install}/lucee-server/context/lucee-server.xml, then you should get the "enter new password" screen when you go to the server admin.
To be exact, you need to remove the "default-hspw" and "hspw" attributes from the cfLuceeConfiguration tag:
<cfLuceeConfiguration default-hspw="cc9......cc59d" hspw="cc9d72be0b7..............acc59d" salt="651B15C7-C86E-44E5-8762F0FDD797632E" version="4.5">

You might need to restart Lucee after you remove the passwords from the xml file btw.

Kind regards,

Paul Klinkenberg

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html