Update HSQLDB extension to latest release version?

Ron Stewart

Nov 14, 2016, 7:45:20 AM11/14/16
to Lucee
The HSQLDB extension listed in the Lucee 5 Server administrator appears to only have versions 1.8.0 and 2.3.2 available, despite the most recent version (2.3.4) having been released almost 6 months ago. Can we get that updated?

--
/ron

Ron Stewart

Dec 4, 2016, 5:41:30 PM12/4/16
to Lucee
Bump... still interested in this.

Anyone have any ideas where one would submit this type of request? I see GitHub repos for several of the other extensions that are maintained by the Lucee team but I don't see a repo for this one where I can create an issue.

Igal @ Lucee.org

Dec 4, 2016, 7:53:37 PM12/4/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com

The issue is that HSQLDB is different from the other JDBC drivers, because the Query of Query utilizes that library behind the scenes to parse the SQL code etc.  Upgrading the library breaks the QoQ so it can not be done without changes to the Lucee code.

With Lucee 5.x, however, you can use a different version of that library side-by-side thanks to OSGi, so you can still use the updated version for your needs.

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

Ron Stewart

Dec 4, 2016, 10:40:41 PM12/4/16
to Lucee
@Igal: Thanks for the followup. I will give that a try.

Ron Stewart

Dec 5, 2016, 8:01:50 AM12/5/16
to Lucee
@Igal: A follow-up question: at this point, I don't have the HSQLDB extension shown in the Lucee 5 Administrator's "Extensions - Applications" page installed nor have I placed the current version of the HSQLDB JDBC jar somewhere Lucee can find it (and have confirmed that I cannot create an HSQLDB datasource, which makes sense). Without that extension installed, does that mean that Lucee's Query of Query capability will not work?