Hostmedia migrate to Lucee

Richard Tugwell

Feb 21, 2015, 6:27:02 AM2/21/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Just a note to say that Hostmedia, UK based hosting company, migrated my Railo apps to Lucee yesterday. Everything working fine! That was quick!

bOO

Feb 21, 2015, 7:01:34 AM2/21/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 11:27:02 AM UTC, Richard Tugwell wrote:
Just a note to say that Hostmedia, UK based hosting company, migrated my Railo apps to Lucee yesterday. Everything working fine! That was quick!

Yes same here, Hostmedia are excellent, their service and support is top notch!

Doug Roberson

Mar 25, 2015, 6:29:37 PM3/25/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Richard, just a follow-up.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences with me regarding Hostmedia.

I looked at a couple of different options, including Hostek, AWS, and others. Nothing seems as good a fit as Hostmedia, so I'm going to convert a couple of sites to MySQL (and learn to use MySQL) and switch from Comcast Business back to Comcast residential, with Hostek handling my hosting. I'll probably keep a couple of domains pointed to my network via DDNS in order to have test platforms.

This switch will cut my expenses in half, so it looks like a good deal!

Andrew Dixon

Mar 25, 2015, 7:13:30 PM3/25/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Doug,

Check out the CFHour podcast (http://www.cfhour.com/) and you might find an interesting promo code for Host Media ;-)

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me
mso - Lucee - Member

Doug Roberson

Mar 25, 2015, 7:35:58 PM3/25/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Andrew

First, I had no idea that CFhour even existed. This is very exciting!

Second, I'm irked at the title of their February 9th Podcast, as that was going to be the title of the first bug report I turn in on Lucee (I was QA for 15 years, I'm going to find bugs).

Finally, thank you. I'll listen to the podcast for the chance to learn from experienced developers, but I will happily keep an ear out for the promo code, as well. I'm surprised and impressed at how open and helpful this community is. While I've seen similar communities, they're rare.

Andrew Dixon

Mar 26, 2015, 3:15:40 AM3/26/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Doug,

The promo code is actually listed on the website under each podcast, it is simply cfhour and gives you 50% (forever I believe).

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me
mso - Lucee - Member

Doug Roberson

Mar 26, 2015, 9:57:12 AM3/26/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I listened anyway and I signed up for unmetered service - I've already migrated several sites!

Thank you, again.

Andrew Dixon

Mar 26, 2015, 10:09:26 AM3/26/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to say Doug, if you are interested in supporting Lucee then you can become a Lucee Association supporter, see the following:

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me
mso - Lucee - Member

Richard Tugwell

Mar 26, 2015, 10:11:19 AM3/26/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Doug

You mentioned moving from SQLserver to MySQL. For certain applications I've found using embedded DB's such as H2 and HSQL a great solution for portability. If you don't need all the heavy support you get from a "regular" RDBMS they're worth having a look at. Drivers are builtin to Lucee, and if you're using ORM for schema creation it's a nice little combination. I love not having to work with any DB IDE's.....

Not suitable for all applications of course, but these are by no means toy db's

On 26 March 2015 at 13:56, Doug Roberson <douglass...@gmail.com> wrote:

=================================
Richard Tugwell
http://blog.richardtugwell.com
r.tu...@forthmedia.com

Doug Roberson

Mar 26, 2015, 12:08:51 PM3/26/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Andrew

That's a roger. I'll make a contribution as soon as I get my next paycheck and, once I'm getting paid work from it, I'll become a supporter.

Thanks again!

Andrew Dixon

Mar 26, 2015, 12:10:47 PM3/26/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com