How to... install SSL certificates?

Oliver Rohde

Oct 25, 2016, 5:51:04 AM10/25/16
to Lucee
Hello all,

i'm using Lucee 5 on a Windows 2012 server and now i've got a SSL certificate, which i want to install.
The problem is that i couldn't find any manual or instructions, how to manage this.
I know, that i've got to modify the server.xml to open the ssl port, which i've change to 443.
But where can i import the certificate? Do i have to use the keytool or is there an other way?
In the admin panel on SSL certificates i can enter der domain name, but (for sure) it can't find it.
Please help!

Sorry for my bad english!

Mark Drew

Oct 25, 2016, 5:52:23 AM10/25/16
to lucee
Are you using IIS as a front end web server? or just using Tomcat?

Regards

Mark Drew

--
Get 10% off of the regular price for this years CFCamp in Munich, Germany (Oct. 20th & 21st) with the Lucee discount code Lucee@cfcamp. 189€ instead of 210€. Visit https://ti.to/cfcamp/cfcamp-2016/discount/Lucee@cfcamp
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/1bc213a0-99ee-4b45-9948-163f05b7a85d%40googlegroups.com.

Nando Breiter

Oct 25, 2016, 7:16:37 AM10/25/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
What I do is install the SSL cert on the web server (Nginx in my case) and not on the app server, Lucee.

See

I also have reworked scheduled tasks to be executed on localhost:8888, effectively diving under the SSL layer, so that I don't have to hassle with installing certs via the keystore every time java is updated.

Aria Media Sagl
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

On 25 Oct 2016, at 10:08, 'Oliver Rohde' via Lucee <lu...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

[...]

thorste...@googlemail.com

Oct 25, 2016, 8:42:59 AM10/25/16
to Lucee
Maybe this helps. They do have also docs for other webservers.