S3?

Bill Davidson

May 14, 2015, 7:43:27 AM5/14/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com, bi...@righteye.com
Is anyone successfully using S3 functionality in Lucee 4.5.x?  I am having can't find parent directory issue that seemed oft reported in Railo and has brought me to a bit of a standstill and is wasting an enormous amount of time.

I've tried setting the key and secret key in the app.cfc and locally in the URL (MUCH preferred in my use case) and neither is working.  I can post code samples if anyone is willing to take a look.  Just wanted to make sure someone is actually using it first.

Thanks,
Bill

Andrew Dixon

May 14, 2015, 8:39:25 AM5/14/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,

I have it working and I used mappings in the Railo and now Lucee admin to get it working, this appears to be the most reliable way, have you tried that?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Terry Whitney

May 14, 2015, 9:39:02 AM5/14/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com, bi...@righteye.com
Hi,

What I have found is its better to manipulate as much as you can with S3 at the OS level, as there are multiple tools for this.

You can always fall back to  cfexecute to run a command line script, or argument to change things, and then have that script in some cases create a text file or have CF read a log and take action.

Bill Davidson

May 14, 2015, 12:37:16 PM5/14/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com, bi...@righteye.com
@Andrew - no. That is really not ideal, but I will give it a shot. I need to be able to support multiple S3 accounts (dynamically) in my API.

Thanks for the tip.

Andrew Dixon

May 14, 2015, 12:58:35 PM5/14/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,

You can set up mappings dynamically using Application.cfc:

this.mappings["/s3bucket"]=  "s3://mybucket";

Kind regards,

Andrew

Bill Davidson

May 14, 2015, 2:51:42 PM5/14/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm. Let me see that works.

Would like to not have to do it at app CFC level, but will take what I can get at the moment I guess. :)

Would be wonderful if Lucee could fix this. and add SFTP. Too. (asking too much? ;) )

Bill

Paul Klinkenberg

May 14, 2015, 4:18:28 PM5/14/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
 I heard S3 is implementing a new auth mechanism, which on some data locations is already required to use. I'm not sure if Lucee is using that auth mechanism for it's internals?
This is just a hunch, haven't checked it.

Kind regards,

Paul Klinkenberg

Andrew Dixon

May 14, 2015, 4:25:07 PM5/14/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

Yes, you are right, it could be caused by the Signature v4 as Lucee doesn't support this and in some S3 regions this is all that is available. There is another way to do it, which I will share later, busy at the moment.

Kind regards,

Andrew