add text to existing PDF

online...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2015, 11:37:28 AM3/28/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm using Railo 4 the moment but considering step to Lucee. In both engines I have the question how to add a line of text at a certain position in an existing PDF. So I have a premade PDF (a giftcard) where I want to add a unique generated code. Right now I am doing this via premade PNG-imagefiles and then using some CFIMAGE and CFDOCUMENT magic. But can this not be done directly in the PDF? Thx up front. Sebastiaan

Andrew Dixon

Mar 28, 2015, 12:10:29 PM3/28/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastian,

I know this is possible using ACF and a PDF with form fields using CFPDF (http://cfdocs.org/cfpdf), however I don't think Railo or Lucee have CFPDF. You might be able to do it by invoking a third party PDF library, maybe PDFBox (https://pdfbox.apache.org/) but without looking I'm not sure.

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me
mso - Lucee - Member

On 28 March 2015 at 15:37, <online...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I'm using Railo 4 the moment but considering step to Lucee. In both engines I have the question how to add a line of text at a certain position in an existing PDF. So I have a premade PDF (a giftcard) where I want to add a unique generated code. Right now I am doing this via premade PNG-imagefiles and then using some CFIMAGE and CFDOCUMENT magic. But can this not be done directly in the PDF? Thx up front. Sebastiaan

Bob Dronski

Mar 28, 2015, 12:22:03 PM3/28/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Sebastian,

I’m doing something similar in Railo by using the  addWatermark action in CFPDF to put a datestamp on an existing PDF.

<cfpdf action="addWatermark"  rotation="0" foreground="true" source="#mergedest#" copyfrom="#wfile#" destination="#Application.ScanFileLocation##this.tid#-1.pdf" showonprint="true" overwrite="true" >

the #wfile# is a PDF created on-the-fly with just the datestamp.

HTH,
bob