Test of tagging a new post via email

Sean Corfield

Feb 23, 2015, 1:14:39 PM2/23/15
to lucee...@googlegroups.com
A quick Google seemed to indicate you cannot auto-tag a new post via email but I figured I'd try. This post can be ignored :)

Sean Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood

Mark Drew

Feb 23, 2015, 1:16:07 PM2/23/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Ahh, that would have been mucho awesome.

There is the other option of using categories, and , again, I am not sure if that would work, but it would mean the web ui would have to be a drill down. A tad annoying.

Mark Drew

develop • deploy • deliver
http://charliemikedelta.com

Igal @ Lucee.org

Feb 23, 2015, 1:17:02 PM2/23/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
did you try to add the tag in the subject line and it was removed?  I added [meta] here

Sean Corfield

Feb 23, 2015, 1:24:48 PM2/23/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On Feb 23, 2015, at 10:16 AM, Mark Drew <mark...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ahh, that would have been mucho awesome.
>
> There is the other option of using categories, and , again, I am not sure if that would work, but it would mean the web ui would have to be a drill down. A tad annoying.

It would be awesome if it worked. It didn’t. I haz a sad :(

Emailing lucee+meta@… at least went to the group but it did not auto-tag with `meta` which is what I hoped. I might try a subject-line-based test too but I don’t have high hopes.

Sean Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."

Sean Corfield

Feb 23, 2015, 1:30:32 PM2/23/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
On Feb 23, 2015, at 10:16 AM, Igal @ Lucee.org <ig...@lucee.org> wrote:
> did you try to add the tag in the subject line and it was removed? I added [meta] here

Changing the subject line just causes Apple Mail to think it’s a new thread :)

The "tag" stays in the subject line but has no effect on the actual tagging of the post, unfortunately.

You’d think Google would have integrated tagging better into their Groups system since they push the + addressing stuff for helping you organize email.

Sean Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

Mark Drew

Feb 23, 2015, 1:32:27 PM2/23/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
GAH!

"This group currently has tags enabled. Categories and tags cannot both be enabled on a group. If you enable categories below, tags will be disabled.”

I don’t want to fiddle too much with the settings of the group and should leave categories alone

 Mark Drew

develop • deploy • deliver
http://charliemikedelta.com