Mura 7 producing 404 error

Patrick

Jan 20, 2017, 2:12:04 AM1/20/17
to Lucee
I am running Lucee 5.1.1.61-SNAPSHOT and when I successfully install Mura 7 I can see the initial site page but when I create a new page I get a Tomcat 404 error. The url when I receive the 404 is any page other than the homepage so:  http://127.0.0.1/APPS/mura-app/index.cfm/test/  . So is there a configuration issue with Mura or something specific I need to do for URL rewriting on my local instance of Lucee or a configuration issue with Mura? Thanks.

Mark Drew

Jan 20, 2017, 2:49:20 AM1/20/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Yeah. If it is just express you need to add the mapping to Tomcat. In config/web.xml add:

/APPS/mura-app/index.cfm/*

To the servlet mapping entry.
Mark Drew
- Sent by typing with my thumbs.

On 20 Jan 2017, at 07:12, Patrick <pat...@flynn-media.com> wrote:

I am running Lucee 5.1.1.61-SNAPSHOT and when I successfully install Mura 7 I can see the initial site page but when I create a new page I get a Tomcat 404 error. The url when I receive the 404 is any page other than the homepage so:  http://127.0.0.1/APPS/mura-app/index.cfm/test/  . So is there a configuration issue with Mura or something specific I need to do for URL rewriting on my local instance of Lucee or a configuration issue with Mura? Thanks.

Patrick

Jan 20, 2017, 11:57:15 AM1/20/17
to Lucee
Thanks for that help, that did the trick. I do have a question though, why wouldnt <url-pattern>/index.cfm/*</url-pattern> do the trick? Is there something at the application level that I could do so I do not have to modify the server conf for every app? Thanks,

Jordan Michaels

Jan 20, 2017, 12:25:20 PM1/20/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Tomcat unfortunately doesn't currently support multiple wildcards - just one. So, to do what you're thinking it should do, you'd need the following pattern: <url-pattern>*/index.cfm/*</url-pattern>. However, as previously stated, it won't work because Tomcat doesn't support multiple wildcards.

The <url-pattern>/index.cfm/*</url-pattern> pattern means that anything after the ROOT directory (the "/") followed by an index.cfm/, gets mapped. In your case, you needed to indicate the subdirectories.

--
Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels

On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 2:49:20 AM UTC-5, Mark Drew wrote:

> Yeah. If it is just express you need to add the mapping to Tomcat. In
> config/web.xml add:
>
> /APPS/mura-app/index.cfm/*
>
> To the servlet mapping entry.
> Mark Drew
> - Sent by typing with my thumbs.
>
> On 20 Jan 2017, at 07:12, Patrick <pat...@flynn-media.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> I am running Lucee 5.1.1.61-SNAPSHOT and when I successfully install Mura
> 7 I can see the initial site page but when I create a new page I get a
> Tomcat 404 error. The url when I receive the 404 is any page other than the
> homepage so: http://127.0.0.1/APPS/mura-app/index.cfm/test/ . So is
> there a configuration issue with Mura or something specific I need to do
> for URL rewriting on my local instance of Lucee or a configuration issue
> with Mura? Thanks.

Mark Drew

Jan 20, 2017, 12:42:57 PM1/20/17
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Tomcat doesn’t have recursive re-writes. Basically I would do this on an apache server level as you are telling tomcat:

I want this directory:

/APPS/mura-app/index.cfm/test/

(index.cfm being a directory, not a file)

as the REAL url is actually /APPS/mura-app/index.cfm?test=

I wished tomcat had a
*index.cfm/* but you can’t have two wildcards apparently, or at least that was my understanding as of a couple of versions ago.

Mark Drew

CMD
develop • deploy • deliver

Patrick

Jan 20, 2017, 3:50:48 PM1/20/17
to Lucee
So in a deeper view, I am merely running Lucee locally on Tomcat for my development but in production the actual web server is IIS with Lucee running in the back so I could just do my rewrites in the web.config and everything should be good right?