Lucee on Chromebook?

Zy Danielson

May 17, 2016, 4:56:12 AM5/17/16
to Lucee
This is probably a ridiculous crazy shot in the dark .. but is there any possibility of getting Lucee Express to run on a Chromebook? Or will there ever be such a possibility?

Andrew Dixon

May 17, 2016, 5:16:13 AM5/17/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
As far as I'm aware you cannot run Java on Chrome OS so it would not be possible to run Lucee. You could reinstall with a Linux based OS and then run Lucee on that.

Not sure if there are any virtual machine systems available for Chrome OS, if there are, maybe you can run Linux in a VM on Chrome OS, like I do on my Mac.

Kind regards,

Andrew

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

AJ Mercer

May 17, 2016, 8:58:27 AM5/17/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com

Zy Danielson

May 17, 2016, 6:45:50 PM5/17/16
to Lucee
Thanks Andrew.

@AJ: Yeah, I saw that too. But couldn't find any more to read about it.

----------

It seems to me that the best solution is for me to run an RDP on my Chromebook and connect to my Lucee server on my home PC.

Maybe someday there will be a better option. Wouldn't it be great if we could develop Chromebook apps with Lucee? Seems like it would open up a wealth of possibilities!

AJ Mercer

May 17, 2016, 6:53:04 PM5/17/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
As I understand it, ChromeBooks are specifically designed not to install application(or services) onto

Total a 'cloud' machine.

But in terms of hardware, they are cheap.
You could maybe look at Raspberry Pi if that is your looking for
--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

Andrew Dixon

May 18, 2016, 2:54:25 AM5/18/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Message has been deleted

Zy Danielson

May 18, 2016, 5:24:11 PM5/18/16
to Lucee
My goodness, Andrew. I had no idea something like this even existed! Thank you.

I'm astonished and excited!

Zy