<cfsetting requesttimeout="360"> doesn't work

Michael Vornkahl

May 8, 2015, 6:13:33 AM5/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,
I tried to enlarge the request timeout via: <cfsetting requesttimeout="360">
But it didn't work. The request timeoout remains at 120 seconds.

My configuration:
Betriebssystem Windows Server 2012 (6.2) 64bit
Servlet Container:    Apache Tomcat/7.0.59
Java            1.7.0_76 (Oracle Corporation) 64bit
Architecture :          64bit
and IIS as Webserver

Can anyone give me please a hint, why it doesn't work.

Eventually the same reason why <cfflush> also didn't work (other problem, only a hint for above)

Thank you

Michael

Nando Breiter

May 8, 2015, 7:38:33 AM5/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
More specific details regarding the context might be helpful. I could ask  "I tried to run a query using the <cfquery> tag but it didn't work", provide the configuration details, and no one would have a clue how to respond.

The more contextual details you provide, the better the chance you'll get a helpful response.

Hope that helps.

Aria Media Sagl
Via Rompada 40
6987 Caslano
Switzerland

+41 (0)91 600 9601
+41 (0)76 303 4477 cell
skype: ariamedia

Dominic Watson

May 8, 2015, 7:40:52 AM5/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
@Michael, have you tried taking IIS out of the equation and just hitting Lucee/Tomcat directly? i.e.

http://localhost:8888/path/to/page.cfm (replace the host, port and path with those in use)

If that works, then the timeout is configured in IIS.

Dominic

Pixl8 Interactive, 3 Tun Yard, Peardon Street, London
SW8 3HT, United Kingdom

T: +44 [0] 845 260 0726 W: www.pixl8.co.uk E: in...@pixl8.co.uk

Follow us on: Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED - This e-mail and any attachment is intended solely for the addressee, is strictly confidential and may also be subject to legal, professional or other privilege or may be protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you are not the addressee please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. Instead, please email it back to the sender and then immediately permanently delete it. Pixl8 Interactive Ltd Registered in England. Registered number: 04336501. Registered office: 8 Spur Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3EB

David Eurenius

May 8, 2015, 7:41:31 AM5/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael

Did you tick the box that allows Lucee to listen to that setting?

You find it under Settings -> Request -> Request Timeout in URL

--David

Michael Vornkahl

May 8, 2015, 12:17:09 PM5/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,
@Nando: It's a query above a database, which updates about 60000 records with one query per record. It needs a  lot of time, but under my old server it runs (about 5 Minutes, but i works ;-) )
@Dominic: Yes, you're right! with :8888 it run's, without it ignores by requesttimeout and stops. It also ignores cfflush and with :8888 cflush works
@David: Sure, I have

So my result is: Can anyone give me hint, where I can tell IIS to respect my wishes or eventually where I can ask?

Thank you again for your help (and your patience)

Michael

Igal @ Lucee.org

May 8, 2015, 12:23:12 PM5/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
The request timeoout remains at 120 seconds.
120 seconds is IIS' default request timeout.

see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2414441/how-to-increase-request-timeout-in-iis7-0

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

Michael Vornkahl

May 8, 2015, 1:29:00 PM5/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Igal,
thank you, this helps a lot!
Much to read, but I hope, it will help.
Maybe the cfflush problem could be solved too.

Have a nice weekend!

Michael

upfron...@gmail.com

May 8, 2015, 1:39:59 PM5/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
IIS is preventing cfflush from working properly.  Look at this link: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/10.0/Installing/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cdec18a15-7ffb.html

Specifically, "To disable webserver buffer, change the is_buffer_enable to false in the cfroot\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.properties file. Disable webserver buffer if you want cfflush to work over an IIS connector. If your application does not use cfflush, set it to true for increase in the performance."

Of course, you'll have to translate this from Adobe to Lucee, but it should put you on the right track.

Igal @ Lucee.org

May 8, 2015, 1:58:30 PM5/8/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
it's not that much to read actually.  the main thing is to add
    <httpRuntime executionTimeout="180" />
inside the system.web element in web.config

as for cfflush -- on some web servers you can set a response header to disable the buffering (i.e. allow flush).  I don't think that's possible with IIS though (I use nginx myself, where a response header does the trick).

one solution I see on SO is to add is as an attribute
    responseBufferLimit="0"
on the connector as noted in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7178514/php-flush-stopped-flushing-in-iis7-5#answer-16039170 (but of course you would want to do it on the BonCode connector or whatever connector you are using)

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org