Usage of LRMI/search engines

Hugh Paterson III

Jun 3, 2019, 6:08:28 PM6/3/19
to DCMI-LRMI Task Group, lr...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

I'm wondering if there are any search engines or aggregators which are using LRMI. And what those URLs might be...

also are there any recent stats on numbers of objects which have been tagged with LRMI metadata?

Are there publishers which are advertising their inventories with LRMI?

I see some things in the literature about archives and Institutional repositories using schema.org and a few things in the semantic web literature about LRMI use but not a lot.

I'm putting together a proposal for crossing LRMI with OLAC metadata for the markup of language resources, and I'd like to get a feel for where this has been done before.

Steve Midgley

Jun 3, 2019, 10:41:49 PM6/3/19
to lr...@googlegroups.com, DCMI-LRMI Task Group
Schema.org used to publish (IIRC) general stats on how many sites were using each tag, but I can't find that feature now. Maybe it was disabled - does anyone know where that data was coming from, and/or if it was pulled (and where it might also be available)?

I don't see LRMI often on the public web myself, but I don't go looking for it either. I've heard anecdotally from companies that they use some terms to boost search rankings on Google, but I'm not sure if they actually mean they use non-lrmi schema.org tags to boost their rankings or Google does respond to LRMI these days.

It seems like if OLAC is dealing with creative works, LRMI tags would be fine. We've been talking in our monthly meetings about the problems with tagging non-creativework entities for educational purposes (or even whether such things exist).

Steve

Lynn McCormack

Jun 4, 2019, 12:20:46 PM6/4/19
to Learning Resource Metadata Initiative
There are scans of metadata found on Web Data Commons.  Not sure if that is what you are looking for.  I recently used it to look at metadata associated with Book and Creative Work.

I'm also wondering where the general stats went on Schema.org.

Lynn