Vote on Amendment to Motion to consider Statement on SCR 8

Sean Goward

Feb 25, 2021, 3:02:12 PM2/25/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon all,
The motion to amend has been seconded. If you would like to make a statement in favor or against the amendment, we’ll leave it open until 2100 on 25 Feb (tonight), after which we’ll open for a vote. Attached are the Main Motion and the Amended motion, the amended to completely replace the main. Considerable discussion has already happened in Signal if you’d like to catch up with the dialogue.

Yours in Liberty,
Sean

SCR 8 Main Motion.docx
SCR_8 McVay Amendment.pdf

Vernon Proctor

Feb 25, 2021, 3:34:01 PM2/25/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com
I prefer the Amended Motion. It is clearer than the original; musters evidence better; contains a more focused request for legislative action (calling on the House to reject SCR8); and ends with solid Libertarian alternatives for the General Assembly to consider. All in all, it’s more persuasive.

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 25, 2021, at 3:02 PM, 'Sean Goward' via Libertarian Party of Delaware - State Board <lpdel...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

<SCR 8 Main Motion.docx>
<SCR_8 McVay Amendment.pdf>

Will McVay

Feb 25, 2021, 9:11:27 PM2/25/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com
It's after 9p.  I'm on a Discord server with several members of the Mises Caucus trying to iron out the differences between another draft they put together and my preferences.  I think we made a lot of progress, but we're not quite all happy yet and they have refused to support a motion to table this matter until we finish.  Therefore I vote Aye on the amendment.

Vernon Proctor

Feb 25, 2021, 9:22:09 PM2/25/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com
I also vote aye on the amendment.

Sent from my iPad

LP Delaware

Feb 25, 2021, 9:24:48 PM2/25/21
to Libertarian Party of Delaware - State Board
From Signal:
Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 9.24.03 PM.png

Mary Pat McVay

Feb 25, 2021, 11:32:06 PM2/25/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com
I am voting 'aye' on the amendment. The collaboration doesn't flow as well. Even the first paragraph sounded disjointed. Maybe it will improve, but the amendment was thorough and made some strong points.

New Castle County Libertarian Party

Feb 26, 2021, 10:41:02 AM2/26/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com
I like the draft that Will, Amy, and Chris V. are working on together. Therefore, I'm voting "nay" on the current amendment in the hopes that a new amendment can be brought forth with the lastest effort that is being written now. Thank you. Please understand that this is nothing personal. My hope is to have a truly collaborative effort that satiates all sides.

Mary Pat McVay

Feb 26, 2021, 12:17:30 PM2/26/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry, some people have made it personal

LP Delaware

Feb 26, 2021, 3:27:58 PM2/26/21
to Libertarian Party of Delaware - State Board
Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 3.27.25 PM.png

LP Delaware

Feb 27, 2021, 9:28:12 PM2/27/21
to Libertarian Party of Delaware - State Board
At 2110, the Chair ruled the vote on the amendment closed, and passed 4-2-0-3.  The main motion has now been amended to substitute its language entirely for the original motion.

The motion as it stands is attached.

The Chair has further ruled there will be debate until 2100 tomorrow (28 Feb).  During "debate", discussions of the current motion (as amended) are in order, as are additional subsidiary motions (such as further motions to amend, motions to table, etc).  At 2100 tomorrow, barring any subsidiary motions in the meantime, the vote will open on the current (amended) motion.

SCR_8 McVay Amended Motion.pdf

Mary Pat McVay

Mar 1, 2021, 11:07:34 AM3/1/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com
We are now voting on the amended mail motion. Vote closing at 2100, 2 Mar. The vote stands at 2-0-0-7, with Nadine and Mary Pat as the two aye votes. (If someone wants to show that from signal, please do.)

Mary Pat McVay

Mar 1, 2021, 11:09:13 AM3/1/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com
Supposed to say 'amended main motion'

LP Delaware

Mar 1, 2021, 11:57:18 AM3/1/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com
Vote is pending on the attached motion, following two votes have been tallied from Signal.  Vote closes 3/2 @ 9p.

Screenshot_20210301-115340_Signal.jpg
SCR_8 McVay Amended Motion.pdf
Screenshot_20210301-115358_Signal.jpg

James Brittingham

Mar 1, 2021, 12:08:05 PM3/1/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com
I vote Aye on current motion.

Mary Pat McVay

Mar 1, 2021, 12:09:39 PM3/1/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com

New Castle County Libertarian Party

Mar 1, 2021, 12:36:45 PM3/1/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for putting this together everyone (especially Mary Pat for restarting the e-mail chain).

I am abstaining from the vote. That makes the vote count 3-0-1-5. Thanks again.

Mary Pat McVay

Mar 1, 2021, 1:12:44 PM3/1/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com

Vernon Proctor

Mar 1, 2021, 2:01:43 PM3/1/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com
I vote aye. Good job!

Sent from my iPad

Will McVay

Mar 1, 2021, 2:04:02 PM3/1/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com
I will abstain as well, putting the current count at 4-0-2-3.

Sean Goward

Mar 1, 2021, 2:15:17 PM3/1/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com
Record me as an abstention as well. We’ll show the resolution as passed, but will leave the vote open until the earliest of all votes tallied or 9PM 3/2.

Sean

Sent from my iPhone

John Machurek

Mar 1, 2021, 2:52:59 PM3/1/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com

New Castle County Libertarian Party

Mar 1, 2021, 5:36:27 PM3/1/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mary Pat,
     That's correct, it's me, Dayl Thomas, abstaining.

Very Respectfully,
Dayl Thomas
LPD Secretary
NCCLP Secretary

New Castle County Libertarian Party

Mar 1, 2021, 5:56:04 PM3/1/21
to lpdel...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
     I believe the count is now 5-0-3-2. Thank you everyone.

Very Respectfully,
Dayl Thomas
LPD Secretary
NCCLP Secretary