Training for the Brother KH-950 Knitting Machine

Mauro Vilasi

Sep 22, 2021, 3:40:08 PM9/22/21
to London Threads Space
Hi everyone,

i wanted to hack the knitting machine to connect it to a computer.
As I'm arriving too late for that (thanks to those who preceded me!) I aim for the next best thing: using the knitting machine with a computer!

It seems training is required - is anyone in this group familiar enough with the knitting machine to provide training?

Cheers,
Mauro

PS If you see a similar message from me today it's because I don't see the one I sent a few hours ago :)

Adrian Godwin

Sep 22, 2021, 6:28:53 PM9/22/21
to london-thr...@googlegroups.com
I hope there is someone, but I'm not aware of them.
If you don't find anyone then perhaps you can get it into use again.
The person to get in touch with is Sarah, a previous member (and trustee) who has now returned to Australia.

She's enthusiastic and communicative though and involved with her hackspace there .. though - for those of you who remember her - she's also been busy doing some fairly serious biohacking recently and has built a couple of healthy humans.

Here she is :

Mauro Vilasi

Sep 23, 2021, 12:53:01 PM9/23/21
to London Threads Space
Yes I've come across Sarah's handle on twitter and figured she may no longer be in this list.

If someone else is familiar with her work on the knitting machine that's be great - otherwise I'll dig information and try to figure it out - it looks like there are a few tutorials out there so it should be possible to trace her steps.

It sounds like she won't mind if I reach out to her - it may be good to let her know her past project is still alive.

Adrian Godwin

Sep 23, 2021, 5:25:00 PM9/23/21
to london-thr...@googlegroups.com
She absolutely would be delighted that someone wants to carry it  forward