[DONATION] Denford 2600 CNC Milling Machine

jaunts _

Sep 14, 2021, 11:39:52 AM9/14/21
to London Hackspace
Hi,

I spoke to someone previously about a Denford 2600 CNC milling machine which is available from London College of Fashion. The safety switch for the door is broken but it seemed like that could easily be fixed by someone at the space. If you're still interested in taking this please email me at a.n...@fashion.arts.ac.uk. It will need to be collected from Golden Lane, EC1Y 0UU.

Cheers,
Anthony

Adrian Godwin

Sep 14, 2021, 1:33:56 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
This seems worthwhile. is anybody going to collect it ?

Rowan Hoggarth

Sep 14, 2021, 1:54:34 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I would volunteer time to get it configured and repair the door interlock, but have no vehicle to offer collection..

Matt Rutter

Sep 14, 2021, 2:03:38 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
How big is it? Will it fit in my Mini... If not, then, a; sorry I can't help, and b; where the bleep will we put it??????

Matt

Ant -

Sep 14, 2021, 2:05:11 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Is EC1 in the restricted traffic area too? By which I don't just mean low emissions and congestion charge but I think it was Buses only till 7pm or something. Not been in that part of town for years now so not that sure what the regs are now

Colin Fowler

Sep 14, 2021, 2:07:20 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I can chip in a few quid if nobody can collect and we need to hire a man with a van.

Rowan Hoggarth

Sep 14, 2021, 2:13:23 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
About the size of a large photocopier I think. Would probably fit in the metal shop in place of the hydraulic power pack which could live instead behind the swingpress? It's a fully enclosed tool with minimal power requirements so could probably fit a lot of places.

Matt Rutter

Sep 14, 2021, 2:19:39 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Ok, so proper van territory, but to the left of the Colchester? Is that what you mean?

Matt

Matthew H

Sep 14, 2021, 2:23:02 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Before everyone gets too bogged down in logistics - thanks for the kind offer Anthony, appreciated

Adrian Godwin

Sep 14, 2021, 2:23:33 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
I think it will fit in mine, if that's the only thing stopping us.
But are we happy to give it the space ? We can juggle things around but it all makes swinging cats more difficult,

Adrian Godwin

Sep 14, 2021, 2:26:27 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com

Matt Rutter

Sep 14, 2021, 2:28:30 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
There is an awful lot of non functional kit in the metal shop... If some of that was removed, and the kind of empty island in the middle rethought, we shouldn't have a problem homing it...

Matt

pad...@padski.co.uk

Sep 14, 2021, 2:29:29 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, pad...@padski.co.uk

Transport is in hand do not worry…

Rowan Hoggarth

Sep 14, 2021, 2:31:42 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Yeah that was the location I was thinking, although it would depend on the Colchester door being able to open in that position, but the existing table with the miniature injection molding machine is quite large/similar in size to one of these small mills.. another option would be to re-jig the tables and guillotine around that form the 'central island' to make some room?

Adrian Godwin

Sep 14, 2021, 2:40:07 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Since the machine is mainly intended for soft materials - wood, plastic, aluminium - would it be better situated in the wood workshop where the extraction is better suited to it ?

Matt Rutter

Sep 14, 2021, 2:42:37 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
By that logic the laser cutter is in the wrong place...

Matt

pad...@padski.co.uk

Sep 14, 2021, 2:44:05 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com, pad...@padski.co.uk

The laser cutter is only where it is because it only fits through one of our doors….

Sep 14, 2021, 2:44:28 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
It is.
But it won't go through the doior so it can't go in the right place.

deanforbes

Sep 14, 2021, 5:47:52 PM9/14/21
to London Hackspace
There are a number of places where it can fit ......  with out moving stuff or rearranging etc

I had a similar one and rLab have one of them too ....

Anthony Nolan

Sep 14, 2021, 6:12:24 PM9/14/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Thanks for picking up on this so quickly! To add to my message it’s the 2600 PRO model, I can also provide all the Denford plug and play software for it. It’s pretty rudimentary but is useful for those wanting to learn the basics of CAM/CNC processes. We don’t have the 4th axis rotary attachment but do have the vacuum suction boards - they’re absolutely useless but will include them if wanted.

Please pop me an email on the address in the original post so I can circulate to management where the machine is going etc.

Cheers!

Sep 15, 2021, 5:40:48 AM9/15/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
btw, seeming as it's a CNC router for cutting wood and plastic it might make a little more sense to put it in the woodshop