Laser Cutter

ElPulido

May 9, 2022, 3:15:50 PM5/9/22
to London Hackspace
HI All,

Can anyone let me know the name of the software for the laser cutter and is it proprietary?

Ant -

May 9, 2022, 3:50:07 PM5/9/22
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
It's called light burn and you can download a trial version which is good for a few weeks that will allow you to do all your design at home and then import your files to create your pieces when onsite.

Kind regards
Ant

On Mon, 9 May 2022, 20:15 ElPulido, <uzo...@gmail.com> wrote:
HI All,

Can anyone let me know the name of the software for the laser cutter and is it proprietary?

Colin Fowler

May 10, 2022, 10:00:32 PM5/10/22
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Lightburn can import SVG files.

I use Inkscape (which is free) to draw my SVGs. For each cutting path, for example, holes, engraving, outer perimeter etc, I create a separate layer.

Then when you import to Lightburn you can easily apply a cutting order to the layers and different laser parameters (if necessary, say for engraving).