Monitors

Deburred -

Sep 21, 2021, 5:28:12 AM9/21/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Anyone know what happened to the several monitors that were in the table space? Often useful to hook up to when working with Fusion etc on a smallish laptop. Are they in storage?
Tks

deanforbes

Sep 21, 2021, 7:01:11 PM9/21/21
to London Hackspace
Most of them were scratched or cracked and were disposed of

We have two good working screens which is more than we need - especially as even with two .....  people cant manage to put them away

We have a clear desk policy and if they are left on the desks they will be put in the bins and we will have less

Deburred -

Sep 21, 2021, 7:35:06 PM9/21/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
If for the sake of argument I left a somewhat blunt Hackspace No. 4 plane on one of the tables, am I to suppose it would get binned?

stephen o'brien

Sep 21, 2021, 8:10:49 PM9/21/21
to london-hack-space
No but you might get a ban for abusing equipment......;-)

deanforbes

Sep 22, 2021, 2:31:16 AM9/22/21
to London Hackspace
Not withstanding the above we are now short one screen ....  It was required elsewhere

Michael Cullen

Oct 6, 2021, 10:17:44 AM10/6/21
to london-h...@googlegroups.com
Perfectly demonstrating why two good ones isn’t “more than we need”

A few scratches doesn’t stop it from being useful in some situations. In fact, having a few monitors around is really handy when trying to revive questionable/dead computers since sometimes monitors either only have digital inputs or just don’t work so well with older machines…

henry...@ntlworld.com

Oct 6, 2021, 10:44:21 AM10/6/21
to London Hackspace
I don't know if it will be of use, but I have two or three working 7 x 9 (square screen, not wide screen) VGA monitors that I can donate.
Let me know if they will be of use and I'll bring some in next week.

deanforbes

Oct 6, 2021, 12:34:32 PM10/6/21
to London Hackspace
crap screens are just that crap screens - a desk full of useful crap spares screens isn't use full

there are all way screens not being used so there is no need for more screens that simply block desk space and fail to be put aways and the become magnets for skip loads of clutter

henry...@ntlworld.com

Oct 6, 2021, 6:48:25 PM10/6/21
to London Hackspace
No need to be so hostile, Dean. I only asked if they were wanted. A simple 'No thanks' would have been sufficient.

deanforbes

Oct 7, 2021, 2:20:42 PM10/7/21
to London Hackspace
Henry you might not like what I say but that does not make it hostile - play the ball not the person