ClojureX conference 2019 cancelled - SkillsMatter in administration

John Stevenson

Nov 4, 2019, 11:43:33 AM11/4/19
to london-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
Unfortunately the ClojureX conference for 2019 has been cancelled.

SkillsMatter, the company that own the event, have gone into financial administration. All their events (meetups and conferences) are now cancelled.

I am investigating if there is any contact for speakers and attendees regarding this matter.  In these situations however, there is usually little or no recourse for refunds.

I will share any further information I get about the immediate close of SkillsMatter and how it affects ticket purchases and speakers.

I am unsure if anyone from SkillsMatter will be contacting the speakers.  If I am able, I will reach out to each speaker and ensure they know the conference is cancelled.

I will not be able to contact any ticket holders as I never have access to that information.
Again, my apologies for this situation which is beyond the control of London Clojurians.

Thank you
John Stevenson (they/them)

Yolina Sotirova

Nov 4, 2019, 12:33:57 PM11/4/19
to london-c...@googlegroups.com
That is quite unfortunate. Let me know if you need any help with the comms John!

Yolina Sotirova

Pronoun: She

Lead Software Development Consultant
London
Emailysot...@thoughtworks.com
Telephone+44 (0)7852496047
ThoughtWorks

John Stevenson

Nov 4, 2019, 12:43:11 PM11/4/19
to london-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Yolina,
Hope you are good.  I missed you at the dojo, although your delegate did a very good job.

I think all the indirect comms are done.  I'll fire off an email to all the speakers later this evening, if I still have access to the event organisation spreadsheet.