Just a test

uakci

Mar 23, 2020, 12:22:03 PM3/23/20
to logl...@googlegroups.com
Greetings to everybody,
I'm just checking if Google Groups will allow me to post from a non-Google address without being marked as a threat to all of humanity.
~uakci

Mike S.

Mar 23, 2020, 12:28:11 PM3/23/20
to logl...@googlegroups.com
I am replying through my browser using Gmail.  One bad thing:  I was forced to adjust the recipients (I was replying to you personally by default).

-Mike

maiku

Mar 23, 2020, 12:30:31 PM3/23/20
to loglangs
This time, I am replying through the GG interface.  I expect it to appear in the group.

I am going to look at the settings to make sure email replies go to the group (?).

mai...@yahoo.com

Mar 23, 2020, 12:53:35 PM3/23/20
to logl...@googlegroups.com
Hello from a Yahoo account no longer used because no one treats their users as awfully as Yahoo.

Mike S.

Mar 23, 2020, 12:56:47 PM3/23/20
to mai...@yahoo.com, logl...@googlegroups.com
Same ReplyTo situation as with Uakci. -- Replying person must use "reply to all" to reply to entire group.

Replying from email browser.  Let's see how this goes.

-Mike

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 12:53 PM maikxlx via loglangs <logl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hello from a Yahoo account no longer used because no one treats their users as awfully as Yahoo.

uakci

Mar 23, 2020, 12:57:39 PM3/23/20
to Mike S., mai...@yahoo.com, logl...@googlegroups.com
oh yes! when I choose ‘reply to all’, it seems to work fine~
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/loglangs/CAOYwWb2VDtBuED%2BCFAqv1L3G-fvWfhHsvVZY0Qf%3DNT_FhR-SqA%40mail.gmail.com.

mai...@yahoo.com

Mar 23, 2020, 1:03:06 PM3/23/20
to logl...@googlegroups.com
Second attempt -- this time I've changed the settings at GG so that replying to group becomes the default.

If this does not work, I think people will have to be members for it to work.

Sorry for all the spam!

uakci

Mar 23, 2020, 1:04:15 PM3/23/20
to logl...@googlegroups.com
regular ‘reply’ works!

Mike S.

Mar 23, 2020, 1:07:33 PM3/23/20
to logl...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it works, but the problem now is that the originating email address is totally buried in the header.

Is that what we want?
-Mike

mai...@yahoo.com

Mar 23, 2020, 1:16:08 PM3/23/20
to logl...@googlegroups.com
Attempt #3. This time Maikxlx @ Yahoo is a member of the group, and I have changed back the settings. I want to see what happens with the ReplyTo field under this combination of circumstances.

Mike S.

Mar 23, 2020, 1:22:44 PM3/23/20
to mai...@yahoo.com, logl...@googlegroups.com
Okay, notice from attempt#3 that using "reply to all" is required again.  Since being a member of the group doesn't affect the outcome, I think we need to change the group's reply-to setting to GROUP not USER DECIDES.  Otherwise, people are likely often going to accidentally reply to the author and not to the group.  Alternatively, everyone will need to sign up with Google, but I think we want to avoid that.

Hopefully that is somewhat clear.  Testing is complete.
-Mike

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 1:16 PM maikxlx via loglangs <logl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Attempt #3.  This time Maikxlx @ Yahoo is a member of the group, and I have changed back the settings.  I want to see what happens with the ReplyTo field under this combination of circumstances.

Ilmen

Mar 23, 2020, 1:38:34 PM3/23/20
to logl...@googlegroups.com

Just one last test, to see if I can send an email successfully here.

uakci

Mar 23, 2020, 1:50:46 PM3/23/20
to logl...@googlegroups.com
What you had before ‘attempt #3’ was good, and the name of the sender was clearly visible in my email interface.

Apr 28, 2020, 9:01:49 AM4/28/20
to logl...@googlegroups.com, H. Task
I've cc'ed you (H. Task) just to make sure you're included.  Sorry if you get the same email twice.

I am happy the email list is getting some use, but you should know that most activity is on our Wiki and Discord chat server.

http://loglangs.wiki/Portal
https://discord.gg/7jJJ4h7

It case you are not aware, you can run Discord in your browser.  I recommend you claim your account (i.e. sign up).

-Mike