Loglangs.org

And Rosta

Feb 20, 2021, 5:01:45 PM2/20/21
to logl...@googlegroups.com
I have the loglangs.org domain name rented and need to decide whether to renew. Do we have need of it? I could renew if necessary, or hand it over to another, or let it expire.

(My complete inactivity on the loglang front for most of the past year is due to life being to full of other stuff, mostly professional life, not to lapse of interest.)

--And.

Mike S.

Feb 20, 2021, 9:05:20 PM2/20/21
to logl...@googlegroups.com
I have mixed feelings.  We have no use for loglangs.org right now but it *might* be useful in the future, so I would prefer that someone in our circle (i.e. the LLL Discord server) hold on to it.  But I don't want it so badly that I would be willing to pay for it myself.  I already have loglangs.wiki.  If you don't want to pay for it anymore and no one else wants it, then let it expire.

Ilmen and I were discussing the possibility of a loglangs blog in the future -- (blog.)loglangs.org might be good for that.  loglangs.blog is also available for that, as would be blog.loglangs.wiki.  I still think there could be an actual organization that would match the .org *some day*, perhaps years from now, but it's definitely not imminent and may well never happen.  If you don't want to be left paying for a domain year after year that might wind up never having a use, I can't really blame you.

Re the loglang front, I am just coming out of a hiatus myself, but I have something interesting coming up soon.  Hopefully you'll find more time for the loglang front soon!

-Mike

And Rosta

Feb 22, 2021, 7:48:44 AM2/22/21
to logl...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it would be nice to have it in case we need it, but I don't want to pay $15 per year on the mere offchance that some years hence we will make actual use of it. I wouldn't mind paying for it if we were actually using it in a significant way, but it looks like we're not going to be for the next few years. The wiki and mailing list are the main things, and they're up and running.

I think I won't renew, unless anyone dissuades me. There's about a month to go before it expires.

--And.

Mike S.

Feb 22, 2021, 8:11:12 AM2/22/21
to logl...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 7:48 AM And Rosta <and....@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, it would be nice to have it in case we need it, but I don't want to pay $15 per year on the mere offchance that some years hence we will make actual use of it. I wouldn't mind paying for it if we were actually using it in a significant way, but it looks like we're not going to be for the next few years. The wiki and mailing list are the main things, and they're up and running.

I think I won't renew, unless anyone dissuades me. There's about a month to go before it expires.

--And.

That all makes sense.  I will ask around if anyone wants it (this mailing list only has 5 members).

If we started a blog, the address could be blog.loglangs.wiki  This sort of parallelism is attractive:

but since I put a lot more weight on the existent wiki (which I hope to develop further sometime this year) than the non-existent blog, ultimately that parallelism is not too important to me.  So feel free to allow loglangs.org to expire if no one wants it.

-Mike

Mike S.

Feb 28, 2021, 6:28:37 AM2/28/21
to logl...@googlegroups.com
And,

Did you get an email notification from the Discord server?  A few days ago, DerSaidin said he's willing to pay for loglangs.org.

I think you would need to transfer the domain name to DerSaidin.  That would be done somewhere on the Namecheap interface.  Shouldn't be too difficult.

-Mike

And Rosta

Feb 28, 2021, 9:03:10 PM2/28/21
to logl...@googlegroups.com
I didn't notice any email. Is Dersaidin not on the email list? Can they email me?

Mike S.

Feb 28, 2021, 9:18:17 PM2/28/21
to logl...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 9:03 PM And Rosta <and....@gmail.com> wrote:
I didn't notice any email. Is Dersaidin not on the email list? Can they email me?

He's on the list but I'm not sure if he's monitoring it.  I'll try to get him to email you.
-Mike

DerSaidin

Feb 28, 2021, 9:40:09 PM2/28/21
to logl...@googlegroups.com