Retrieve previous message

Jason Cusick

Aug 24, 2017, 3:28:40 PM8/24/17
to Lita
Is there a way to retrieve the previous message in the history upon a route trigger?

Daniel Pritchett

Aug 24, 2017, 3:48:26 PM8/24/17
to Jason Cusick, Lita
You'd probably want to build a searchable datastore of recent messages tagged by channel and user.  I am not aware that such a thing exists as a current Lita feature, but you could put it in Redis.  I'd generate a UUID for each message, store its payload under a key like message_log_f23f2l323r23f, and then add f23f2l323r23f to the beginning of a list of message IDs seen in that room.