FOSDEM 2019 deadline today

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger

Nov 2, 2018, 10:20:12 AM11/2/18
to coreboot, flashrom, LinuxBoot
Hi!

FOSDEM next year will be on 2 & 3 February 2019.
The deadline for applying for a stand is today.
Do we want a coreboot/flashrom/LinuxBoot stand/booth?

There will be a hardware enablement devroom as well, and we might be
able to participate there, but that's not necessarily giving us a chance
to talk to people all day.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

Ron Minnich

Nov 2, 2018, 12:15:32 PM11/2/18
to Carl-Daniel Hailfinger, coreboot, flas...@flashrom.org, linu...@googlegroups.com
I"m leaning to yes, by which I mean if you do it, I'll show up.

I can't believe I said that.

David Hendricks

Nov 2, 2018, 3:49:02 PM11/2/18
to Ron Minnich, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger, Coreboot, flashrom, linu...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 9:15 AM 'Ron Minnich' via linuxboot <linu...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I"m leaning to yes, by which I mean if you do it, I'll show up.

I can't believe I said that.
On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 7:20 AM Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfing...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> FOSDEM next year will be on 2 & 3 February 2019.
> The deadline for applying for a stand is today.
> Do we want a coreboot/flashrom/LinuxBoot stand/booth?

Same as what Ron said. I think someone from FB can be there to talk about coreboot/LinuxBoot stuff and perhaps bring some hardware to demo.

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger

Nov 2, 2018, 5:59:16 PM11/2/18
to David Hendricks, Ron Minnich, flashrom, linu...@googlegroups.com, Coreboot
In that case, I'd also like to point you to the deadline for submitting
main track talks which is tomorrow(!).
https://fosdem.org/2019/news/2018-08-10-call-for-participation/
Having a coreboot/LinuxBoot talk there would be awesome. Ron/David,
could you submit something or do you have someone in mind who can do that?

There's also lightning talks, deadline is a bit later.

OK, I'm submitting a request for a stand. I need a backup contact for
the stand. Who is willing to do that? AFAICS we can still change the
backup contact later if life happens.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

On 02.11.2018 20:48, David Hendricks wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 9:15 AM 'Ron Minnich' via linuxboot
> <linu...@googlegroups.com <mailto:linu...@googlegroups.com>> wrote:
>
> I"m leaning to yes, by which I mean if you do it, I'll show up.
>
> I can't believe I said that.
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 7:20 AM Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
> <c-d.hailfing...@gmx.net

Ron Minnich

Nov 2, 2018, 6:53:33 PM11/2/18
to Carl-Daniel Hailfinger, David Hendricks, flas...@flashrom.org, linu...@googlegroups.com, coreboot
so, I just tried submitting an event to that @@@-for-brains fosdem
pentabarf site. I can't tell what happened but it seems to have thrown
all my work away.

I can't believe they're still using penta but it used up my charitable
instincts for the day, so no talk from me.

ron

Ron Minnich

Nov 2, 2018, 6:54:44 PM11/2/18
to Carl-Daniel Hailfinger, David Hendricks, flas...@flashrom.org, linu...@googlegroups.com, coreboot
oh, wait, now the talk appears to be there and it lost all the links I
submitted. holy mackeral.

Ron Minnich

Nov 2, 2018, 6:55:22 PM11/2/18
to Carl-Daniel Hailfinger, David Hendricks, flas...@flashrom.org, linu...@googlegroups.com, coreboot
ok it's in

Insomniac

Nov 5, 2018, 11:43:19 AM11/5/18
to linuxboot
I will be there too, and I am going to submit a talk today/tomorrow about our experience with LinuxBoot and coreboot. I usually give this talk with David, so if he's planning to go we can do the usual show :-)
I will submit for the Hardware Enablement devroom rather than the main track. For the devrooms, the deadline is the 1st of December

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger

Nov 30, 2018, 3:59:23 AM11/30/18
to Paul Kocialkowski, David Hendricks, Ron Minnich, linu...@googlegroups.com, flashrom, Coreboot
Hi,

* FOSDEM 2-3 February 2019
* We have a coreboot/LinuxBoot/flashrom stand! Need people for the stand
(2 days, 1 table).
* We're invited to the Hardware Enablement Devroom! CFP deadline Dec 1
2018: https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2018q4/002797.html

On 03.11.2018 14:20, Paul Kocialkowski wrote:
> Le vendredi 02 novembre 2018 à 22:59 +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger a
> écrit :
>> In that case, I'd also like to point you to the deadline for submitting
>> main track talks which is tomorrow(!).
>> https://fosdem.org/2019/news/2018-08-10-call-for-participation/
>> Having a coreboot/LinuxBoot talk there would be awesome. Ron/David,
>> could you submit something or do you have someone in mind who can do that?
>>
>> There's also lightning talks, deadline is a bit later.
> I just submitted the CFP for the hardware enablement devroom at FOSDEM.
> Submissions related to coreboot and associated projects can definitely
> be in the scope of the devroom, so feel free to submit talks!
>
> Our submission deadline is December 1st, so there is still some time
> ahead.

Great, thank you!

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

Ron Minnich

Nov 30, 2018, 11:20:55 AM11/30/18
to Carl-Daniel Hailfinger, con...@paulk.fr, David Hendricks, linu...@googlegroups.com, flas...@flashrom.org, coreboot
I've submitted a talk, we'll see what happens.

I will buy tickets today

Is anyone hanging around after the conference? I may stick around a
few days, to at least go see Bruges.

Jean-Marie Verdun

Nov 30, 2018, 1:03:30 PM11/30/18
to linu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carl,

I know I have been very quite during the past few weeks. That is mainly because I am relocating across the pound between europe and US.
I will be attending Fosdem, and can bring some hardware from our Paris office if this could help the community.
I can bring OCP servers running linuxboot. We will also have our CI farm online which could be used.

JM
--

  Jean-Marie Verdun
  Splitted-Desktop Systems

  jean-mar...@splitted-desktop.com

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger

Jan 23, 2019, 6:42:06 PM1/23/19
to Arthur Heymans, David Hendricks, flashrom, Coreboot, Paul Kocialkowski, Ron Minnich, linu...@googlegroups.com
On 17.12.2018 15:28, Arthur Heymans wrote:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfing...@gmx.net> writes:
>> * FOSDEM 2-3 February 2019
>> * We have a coreboot/LinuxBoot/flashrom stand! Need people for the stand
>> (2 days, 1 table).
> I Live in Antwerp, so reasonably close by, so I will certainly be there
> and can lend a hand if needed. I can also bring some hardware to showcase
> but I don't own shiny new stuff. Maybe my setup using Felix's qspimux
> that I use to quickly test roms on hardware can be interesting to
> showcase?

That would be awesome.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger

Jan 23, 2019, 7:05:22 PM1/23/19
to Paul Kocialkowski, David Hendricks, Ron Minnich, Arthur Heymans, Philipp Hug, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko, Maria Komar, Philipp Deppenwiese, Jean-Marie Verdun, linu...@googlegroups.com, flashrom, Coreboot
Hey everyone,

just 9 days until FOSDEM in Brussels (2+3 February)!
There are a couple of talks about coreboot and LinuxBoot and we have a
coreboot/LinuxBoot/flashrom stand (building AW). Plus, there is a
hardware enablement devroom.

- Who's coming?
- Are you volunteering for a shift at the stand?
- What demo hardware can you bring? (We have only 1 table, so smaller
hardware is preferred.)
- What merchandise/giveaways can you bring?
- Do we have 1-page flyers about each of coreboot, LinuxBoot and
flashrom? (PDF is sufficient, I can print in black+white if needed.)
- Do we have a large coreboot/LinuxBoot/flashrom banner which helps
others find our stand?

Please forward this email to those who you think are coming and might be
willing to help out. Thank you.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger

Jan 23, 2019, 7:10:36 PM1/23/19
to jean-mar...@splitted-desktop.com, linu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jean-Marie,

On 30.11.2018 19:02, Jean-Marie Verdun wrote:
> I will be attending Fosdem, and can bring some hardware from our Paris
> office if this could help the community.
> I can bring OCP servers running linuxboot. We will also have our CI farm
> online which could be used.

Both of these offers sound nice. I hope the OCP servers are not
full-width 21", because that would be a bit hard to present on the small
table. Something in the form factor of a Winterfell node would be nice.
The CI farm sounds like a nice demo (would need a monitor, though). Or
did you mean we can do live tests of LinuxBoot patches? That's also a
nice demo.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

Ron Minnich

Jan 24, 2019, 10:16:20 AM1/24/19
to Carl-Daniel Hailfinger, Jean-Marie Verdun, linuxboot
I'll be there to do what I can.

I think I'll bring a hifive board to do some work on.

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger

Feb 1, 2019, 6:08:50 AM2/1/19
to Martin Kepplinger, core...@coreboot.org, flashrom, LinuxBoot
On 01.02.2019 08:48, Martin Kepplinger wrote:
> On 24.01.19 01:05, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> just 9 days until FOSDEM in Brussels (2+3 February)!
>> There are a couple of talks about coreboot and LinuxBoot and we have a
>> coreboot/LinuxBoot/flashrom stand (building AW). Plus, there is a
>> hardware enablement devroom.
>>
>> - Who's coming?
>> - Are you volunteering for a shift at the stand?
>> - What demo hardware can you bring? (We have only 1 table, so smaller
>> hardware is preferred.)
>> - What merchandise/giveaways can you bring?
>> - Do we have 1-page flyers about each of coreboot, LinuxBoot and
>> flashrom? (PDF is sufficient, I can print in black+white if needed.)
>> - Do we have a large coreboot/LinuxBoot/flashrom banner which helps
>> others find our stand?
>>
> hi,
>
> how're you doing with organisation?

It's a bit chaotic, but I think we can manage.

> I'm doing a 10min lightning talk about my little x230 coreboot project
> tomorrow and obviously have that with me.
>
> There are talks I'll definitely attend, but in case you urgently need
> somebody at the stand for a short shift, please just ask.
>
> I only have my X230 and some flashing hardware with me.

It would be nice if you could stop by at our booth. We don't have a plan
yet for the shifts at the booth, but I hope we can get something
organized either tonight or tomorrow in the morning.

Thanks,
Carl-Daniel