Linrad 5 error 1468

rsku...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2020, 7:57:44 PM9/21/20
to Linrad
I'm getting error 1468 when selecting option S, the SDRplay API.

I have the SDRplay API 2 installed and have the dll files where they need to be in the C\Linrad\dll\ x64 directory.  After copying these files over Linrad doesn't complain about them being missing. I have the latest Linrad dll file archive installed also.

I tried an SDRplay SDR2 Pro and an SDRduo and both get the error 1468.

Any idea what might be causing the error?

Thanks in advance,
Rick Kunath, K9AO

Leif Asbrink

Sep 21, 2020, 8:26:47 PM9/21/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rick,

the error is generated like this:
for(i = 0; i < devices_num; i++)
{
if((int)strtol(sdrplay2_dev[i].SerNo, NULL, 16) == sdrplay2.serial)
{
// we found the device
sdrplay2_dev_no = i;
if(mir_sdr_SetDeviceIdx(sdrplay2_dev_no) != mir_sdr_Success)
{
#if(OSNUM == OSNUM_WINDOWS)
lirerr(1468);

or like this:
if(mir_sdr_SetDeviceIdx(sdrplay2_dev_no) != mir_sdr_Success)
{
lir_text(3,2,"sdrplay2: error on opening the device");
#if(OSNUM == OSNUM_WINDOWS)
lirerr(1468);

The associated error message is:
[1468]Failed to open the SDRPlay USB unit.
This error is probably caused by incorrect drive routines.
Check that nobody else is using the device and the driver
is installed correctly.

The code is in sdrplay2.c which begins:
/ Copyright (c) 2019 @ Davide Gerhard IV3CVE
//
// Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
// obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation
.
.
/*************
*
* Implementation require version 2.13 of
* the binary library; doesn't work with the 3.*
*
* API documentation
* https://www.sdrplay.com/docs/SDRplay_SDR_API_Specification.pdf
*
* AGC documentation
* https://sdrplay.com/docs/SDRplay_AGC_technote_r2p0.pdf
*
* TODO
* - test RSPduo and others (tested only with RSP1a)
* - improve AGC/LNA
*
*************/
.
.

Maybe Davide is on the list and can tell what to do.

73

Leif
> --
> There is an excellent Linrad User Guide by Gaetan, ON4KHG, at:
> http://w3sz.com/Linrad%20Installation%20&%20Configuration%20User%20Guide%20-%20V1-0.pdf
> ---

Rick Kunath

Sep 21, 2020, 9:06:28 PM9/21/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com, Leif Asbrink
I'm making some progress...

I uninstalled all of the SDRplay stuff, rebooted and just installed the
SDRplay API2 (again).

Now Linrad sees the SDRplay SDRduo. I get to set the parameters (using
newcomer node) and it accepts them. I tried Portaudio and not using
Portaudio for output, and either way when I select a mode to receive
(after saving with W) Linrad pops up the screen I expected to see,
waterfall etc., but it closes immediately without an error message.

So I'm not sure how to know why the close is happening.

Getting somewhere at least :)

rsku...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2020, 9:15:07 PM9/21/20
to Linrad
I managed to find some info in the event viewer... not sure if any of that is helpful.

Pasted below.

Rick, K9AO

Fault bucket 1740101777687523751, type 5
Event Name: BEX64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: clinrad.exe
P2: 0.0.0.0
P3: 5f692bce
P4: StackHash_ac46
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 00000000
P7: PCH_1C_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009C914
P8: c0000005
P9: 0000000000000008
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER707C.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER70EA.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER710A.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER711E.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER714E.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_clinrad.exe_37ee489b1be7f959845838aed44dad7aadb93a5_e6ec7037_4bddd815-80ba-43f0-9fe1-530f41ea643e

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 37f0cf4c-a78f-429e-960d-706cdba31424
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 12c90d3dc2a5afab38261558ec1731a7
Cab Guid: 0

And another error:

Faulting application name: clinrad.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f692bce
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process id: 0x13bc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6907ccda661ac
Faulting application path: C:\Linrad 05.00\linrad\clinrad.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 37f0cf4c-a78f-429e-960d-706cdba31424
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Leif Asbrink

Oct 16, 2020, 9:24:03 PM10/16/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rick,

the error 1468 should have given you this message:
[1468]Failed to open the SDRPlay USB unit.
This error is probably caused by incorrect drive routines.
Check that nobody else is using the device and the driver

The correct drive routine to use with the "I = SDRplay or Mirics"
option for input is libusbK on my Windows 10 laptop.

You may have seen the below error message which is for earlier
Windows:
[1398]Failed to open the Mirics USB unit.
This error is probably caused by incorrect drive routines.
Install the WinUSB driver from libusbx.org
Easiest is to use Zadig.

Download Zadig from here: https://zadig.akeo.ie/ and install
libusbK

Probably you have the msi2500 driver installed. It would be
appropriate for "S = SDRplay ver2. which also needs mir_sdr_api.dll
which you can get from sdrplay.com

73

Leif
> --
> There is an excellent Linrad User Guide by Gaetan, ON4KHG, at:
> http://w3sz.com/Linrad%20Installation%20&%20Configuration%20User%20Guide%20-%20V1-0.pdf
> ---

Rick Kunath

Oct 16, 2020, 9:40:02 PM10/16/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com, Leif Asbrink
Thanks Lief,

I do have the  mir_sdr_api.dll and .lib file in the C:\Linrad\dll
directory (not the Linrad 5 directory. There are no dlls in there.

I was using the "S" option because this is an SDRduo. When it launches
(I have saved the config) Linrad says the required dll was found in a
message under the mode options. Then when I select a mode, the graphics
for the waterfall launch and in about 2 seconds disappear and Linrad
crashes. No other error comes up other than what I posted from the
Windows log.

Not sure where to go from there?

Thanks in advance,
Rick Kunath, K9AO

Leif Asbrink

Oct 18, 2020, 7:54:22 AM10/18/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rick,

there are EXTio dll files that you can use. The one for RSP1
works on my Windows 10 laptop with a Pentium N4200 at 1.1 GHz.

The "S" option does not work, it behaves as you describe.
I only have the RSP1 so I will not start looking for the error.
Maybe the author, IV3CVE, Davide will have a look at this, or
maybe someone else.

73

Leif
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/linrad/e22d2868-5a57-190d-5c7c-265b031fa4fc%40gmail.com.

Rick Kunath

Oct 18, 2020, 10:44:00 AM10/18/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com, Leif Asbrink
Thanks Lief. I'll give the EXTIO option a try.

RIck

Rick Kunath

Oct 18, 2020, 11:49:14 AM10/18/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com, Leif Asbrink
Leif,

I placed the dll files for the EXTIO into theC:\Linrad\ dll\x64
directory and it finds them. I selected the EXTIO file, said no to
inverted spectrum and then it fails with "loading libExt IO_xxx.so failed.

I don't have any *.so EXTIO files, they are all dlls?

Not sure where to go next?

Thanks in advance.
Rick

Leif Asbrink

Oct 18, 2020, 8:34:52 PM10/18/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rick,

sorry, there seems to be a bug related to RSP2. When I
select that dll I get a message that no RSP2 can be found
which is OK - I do not have any. When I then press enter
I get the same error that you observe.

see under Linux if there is something wrong with the
dynamically linked library file (dll under Windows)

This is an obvious bug. I hope someone else, with access to
a RSP2 will have a look at it.

73

Leif
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/linrad/b4881001-cc25-507a-2154-0c374c679d95%40gmail.com.

Rick Kunath

Oct 18, 2020, 8:48:57 PM10/18/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com, Leif Asbrink
Thanks Lief, that makes sense.

I have an RSP2 Pro here but I was using my RSPduo when I was testing
(neither dll worked under Windows).

I did do a checkout under Linux and was working on building Linrad there
but ran into it not seeing PortAudio (devels are installed) and also in
getting the SDRplay source files to be recognized (the SDRplay Linux
stuff is built on the machine and Cubic and GQRX also built from source
(those use Soapy though) but they work with both of my SDRs.

Not sure is building under Linux would help anyone?

Thanks again,
RIck, K9AO