SEANCE Question

Jason Miller

Jul 8, 2022, 6:25:00 PM7/8/22
to Suite of automatic linguistic analysis tools
Good afternoon Group!

I hope your day is going well.

I am looking at the component scores, and my question is what does the number in each column represent, what is the formula to get at the number.

For example, I have a paper with 501 words, it is showing: positive_adjectives_component at 0.284666915 and joy_component at 1.124090635.  I might have missed it in the first paper I read "Sentiment analysis and social cognition engine (SEANCE): An automatic tool for sentiment, social cognition, and social order analysis."

Suggestions on other papers I can read to understand the different numbers listed for each of the indicies?

Thank you in advance.

Jason Miller

Kristopher Kyle

Jul 21, 2022, 5:46:43 PM7/21/22
to Jason Miller, Suite of automatic linguistic analysis tools
Hi Jason,

The component scores are calculated based on z-scores for each index used in the components. The weights for each component are included here: https://github.com/kristopherkyle/SEANCE/tree/master/components.

I hope that helps!

Best,

Kris

Kristopher Kyle
Associate Professor
Department of Linguistics
University of Oregon

Jason Miller

Jul 23, 2022, 2:18:19 AM7/23/22
to Kristopher Kyle, Suite of automatic linguistic analysis tools
Thank you very much.  I will look over the weekend.  Life showed up and family needed my time.

Sent from my iPhone