docs

hanan

Sep 3, 2019, 8:51:40 AM9/3/19
to linbox-use
I am trying to use the library

The docs are minimal (and that's an understatement), and I suppose it is not going to change soon
I am struggling, trying to find the correct api for matrix operations over extended finite fields (both dense and sparse matrices)

Does any one have an example I can follow?

I would suggest that (at least until a more comprehensive documentation is created) a pool of user code be used as reference examples

B Saunders

Sep 3, 2019, 1:37:44 PM9/3/19
to linbo...@googlegroups.com
A useful example might be tests/test-givaro-xox.C.  I think the fields at F5,F6, and/or F7 might be what you want.

It seems none of the examples/ directly shows an extension field in use. But you could patch one of the above extension field representations into one of the examples to exercise the thing in a problem-solving context.

Sent from my iPhone

hanan

Sep 4, 2019, 10:49:57 AM9/4/19
to linbox-use
Thanks for the pointer.
Looking at tests/test-givaro-zpz.C I tried modifying the field to GF(2^132) but it did not work
It seems that the constructor allocates a vector of length = P^e, which naturally cannot be done for 2^132

Is there a way to create GF(2^132) extension fields with Givaro?
If not, can I use other finite field libraries (e.g. NTL, Flint) to create a matrix and solve a system of linear equations?

Sample code would be greatly appreciated

בתאריך יום שלישי, 3 בספטמבר 2019 בשעה 20:37:44 UTC+3, מאת B Saunders:

On Sep 3, 2019, at 8:32 AM, hanan <h.ros...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am trying to use the library

The docs are minimal (and that's an understatement), and I suppose it is not going to change soon
I am struggling, trying to find the correct api for matrix operations over extended finite fields (both dense and sparse matrices)

Does any one have an example I can follow?

I would suggest that (at least until a more comprehensive documentation is created) a pool of user code be used as reference examples

B Saunders

Sep 4, 2019, 12:13:18 PM9/4/19
to linbo...@googlegroups.com
The GFqDom representation is limited to smaller fields, cardinality < 2^20 say.

In test-givaro-zpz I modified the definitions of F5 and F6 as follows and it worked fine:

    Givaro::GFqDom<int64_t> F5 (2, 12);
    Givaro::Extension<Givaro::GFqDom<int64_t>> F6 (F5, 11 ); // cardinality 2^132

Sample code is in the examples directory, keeping in mind that you can substitute your favorite field.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/linbox-use/1cd7ceaa-f6a9-49b3-8029-834bb15ae6f9%40googlegroups.com.