Rockville Dinner Meetup -- Tuesday 9/21, 7:15 PM

Maia

Sep 13, 2021, 9:57:00 PM9/13/21
to LessWrong DC
Hi folks, we haven't had any meetups in a while and it seems like a decent time to try something new.

We'll be meeting for dinner at 7:15 PM on Tuesday, September 21, at Spice Xing in Rockville Town Center (https://www.spicexing.com). There's parking nearby at the Rockville Town Square garage, or it's a 10-minute walk from the Rockville Metro.

Please let me know if you're planning to come, so we can get a sense of how big a table to grab.

COVID info: Please only come if you are vaccinated and have not had any COVID symptoms or exposure recently. Montgomery County still has an indoor mask mandate, so bring a mask to wear before we sit down at the restaurant.

Hope to see you there!

Maia

Maia Werbos

Sep 14, 2021, 10:06:30 PM9/14/21
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com
UPDATE: I have been informed that Spice Xing has an extremely obvious banner on their website saying they're closed on Tuesdays. My bad!

We will instead be meeting at Lebanese Taverna, also in Rockville Town Square (115-A GIBBS STREET, ROCKVILLE, MD, menu: https://www.lebanesetaverna.com/leb-tav-menu).

They're only open till 8pm, but there's plenty of public seating outside for us to hang out in after they close.

Maia Werbos

Sep 21, 2021, 11:18:20 AM9/21/21
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com
Reminder that this is today! I'll be at Lebanese Taverna at 7:15pm with a LessWrong sign.

Maia Werbos

Sep 21, 2021, 7:05:29 PM9/21/21
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com
Update: We're seated inside, since there's an exercise class going on out front.

Maia Werbos

Sep 21, 2021, 9:37:24 PM9/21/21
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com
Link from today's discussion: