"Sh" subprocess replacement removed from Leo's repo

Matt Wilkie

Apr 27, 2020, 12:58:35 PM4/27/20
to leo-editor
Hi devs,

The 3rd party module sh has been removed from Leo's repo (with commit a2a43490). It used to live in "leo/extensions" as "sh.py". sh is a full-fledged subprocess replacement for Python 2.6 - 3.6, PyPy and PyPy3 that allows you to call any program as if it were a function.

A non-exhaustive search through Leo's source code repo didn't find anything significant that referenced this file or module. In the event you do use or need this it would be better to install or otherwise use directy from it's source: https://github.com/amoffat/sh. (The copy we were shipping was ancient, many versions behind current.)

If the module is something that's used all the time or should be available to generally to Leo users we can add it to the list of automatically installed libraries in setup.py. (Open an enhancement request and tag it with Pip.)

cheers,

-matt

Edward K. Ream

Apr 27, 2020, 1:17:19 PM4/27/20
to leo-editor
On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 11:58 AM Matt Wilkie <map...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi devs,

The 3rd party module sh has been removed from Leo's repo (with commit a2a43490). It used to live in "leo/extensions" as "sh.py". sh is a full-fledged subprocess replacement for Python 2.6 - 3.6, PyPy and PyPy3 that allows you to call any program as if it were a function.

Again, thanks. Unit tests depend neither on sh nor patch.

Edward