Encrypt/decrypt node's content with master password

gar

Jul 26, 2019, 5:04:54 AM7/26/19
to leo-editor
Leo penetrates to more aspects of my life/
Today I started to use Leo for storing private info.
It's very bad, since data is stored as a plain text and furthermore - under VCS

So now I need a plugin which encrypts/decrypts the whole node content with master password and stores hashed data in .leo file.
Since as I learnt before almost every my insane idea is already implemented - I am asking: did anyone already developed such a function?
If so - please, share it for me.

Chris George

Jul 26, 2019, 9:18:36 AM7/26/19
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
The stickynotes plugin might do what you want.

HTH,

Chris

gar

Jul 26, 2019, 10:14:24 AM7/26/19
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
Looks pretty interesting, will investigate what it can. Thank you.

Terry Brown

Jul 26, 2019, 10:35:04 AM7/26/19
to Leo list
Can't comment on it status working wise, but the sticky nodes plugin has an encrypted sticky note option.

It's only available if it finds the right library, and only encrypts one node at a time.  I think it's reasonably secure, it uses AES encryption and puts the base64 encoded result in the Leo node, displaying the decrypted text in a temporary popup editor so there shouldn't be any chance of it being written to file.  No comment on in memory attacks though.

Cheers -Terry

lewis

Jul 27, 2019, 9:59:22 PM7/27/19
to leo-editor
I haven't been able to get the stickynoteenc command working. Tabula plugin states:
'Encrypted mode requires the python-crypto module.' Can anyone confirm which module this is or if the name is correct?
I installed cryptography package - https://github.com/pyca/cryptography

Running the stickynoteenc command on an empty node only switches to the Completion Tab, but there are no log/error messages.

Maybe other users have had some success?

Regards
Lewis

lewis

Jul 28, 2019, 7:11:40 AM7/28/19
to leo-editor
Pycryptodome is the fork for the deprecated Pycrypto package.
With pycryptodome installed, the Stickynote encryption commands are active; the GUI loads and asks you to enter a key.

Regards
Lewis