Dark theme

Ville M. Vainio

Mar 20, 2020, 2:26:18 PM3/20/20
to leo-editor
Hey,

Somehow, I have forgetter how to enable dark theme in Leo :).

...but it's horribly technical. Time to improve the FAQ or the enabling process?

Edward K. Ream

Mar 21, 2020, 7:20:25 AM3/21/20
to leo-editor

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 1:26 PM Ville M. Vainio <viva...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey,

Somehow, I have forgotten how to enable dark theme in Leo :).

Hi Ville, great to hear from you.
I'll review this. It may be out of date. Leo's Settings menu now has an "Open Theme File" item which lets you review possible themes.

Edward

Matt Wilkie

Mar 22, 2020, 1:15:33 PM3/22/20
to leo-editor
Hey,

Hi Ville! Nice to "see" you. I hope you and yours are doing well, being safe and healthy.

-matt

Ville M. Vainio

Mar 23, 2020, 2:53:27 AM3/23/20
to leo-editor
Thanks for the wishes, we are doing fine. Schools in .fi are closed so "home schooling" my sons, and working from home

Matt Wilkie

Mar 24, 2020, 9:03:51 AM3/24/20
to leo-editor

Thanks for the wishes, we are doing fine. Schools in .fi are closed so "home schooling" my sons, and working from home

Yep, same here. FWIW, I found this podcast on remote work from CBC Spark especially apropos https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/canadian-broadcasting-corporation/spark-from-cbc-radio/e/68184685?autoplay=false

-matt

Edward K. Ream

Mar 24, 2020, 4:15:43 PM3/24/20
to leo-editor
On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 1:26 PM Ville M. Vainio <viva...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have forgotten how to enable dark theme in Leo :).

...but it's horribly technical. Time to improve the FAQ or the enabling process?

I'm finally getting around to this. I don't think this is too nerdy:
QQQ
To enable a theme .leo file, put the following setting in myLeoSettings.leo:
@string theme-name = <theme file, without the .leo extension>
QQQ

True, the rest of the FAQ entry is tedious, but that's only for custom themes.

Edward

Ville M. Vainio

Mar 26, 2020, 2:58:55 AM3/26/20
to leo-editor
It requires contextual knowledge like "what is a theme file". The question promises to answer the question about dark theme in particular, so could add that to the example?

Edward K. Ream

Mar 26, 2020, 6:45:06 AM3/26/20
to leo-editor
On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 1:58 AM Ville M. Vainio <viva...@gmail.com> wrote:
It requires contextual knowledge like "what is a theme file". The question promises to answer the question about dark theme in particular, so could add that to the example?

Good point. I have generalized the question and the answer:

Edward

Ville M. Vainio

Mar 26, 2020, 7:44:49 AM3/26/20
to leo-editor