Team Leo: where are you from?

Edward K. Ream

Jun 20, 2019, 8:57:37 AM6/20/19
to leo-editor
周琦 (ZoomQuiet) made the excellent suggestion that we highlight the global nature of Team Leo.

If you are comfortable doing so, please tell me where you are from. Here is the present list.  I know, or can guess, some locations, but I won't reveal them unless it's ok with you, surveillance being what it is these days.

Terry Brown
Ross Burnett
Josef Dalcolmo
Chris George
Bob Hossley
Seth Johnson
Rob Keeney, Suwanee, Georgia, USA
Виталије Милошевић (Vitalije Milosevitch)
Lewis Neal, Sydney, Australia
Viktor Ransmayr
Matt Wilkie
周琦 (ZoomQuiet) China.

For the record, I live in Madison, Wisconsin, USA.

Edward

Josef

Jun 20, 2019, 9:19:51 AM6/20/19
to leo-editor

On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 2:57:37 PM UTC+2, Edward K. Ream wrote:
周琦 (ZoomQuiet) made the excellent suggestion that we highlight the global nature of Team Leo.

If you are comfortable doing so, please tell me where you are from. Here is the present list.  I know, or can guess, some locations, but I won't reveal them unless it's ok with you, surveillance being what it is these days.

Terry Brown
Ross Burnett
Josef Dalcolmo (born in Italy, living and working in Germany)

Chris George
Bob Hossley
Seth Johnson
Rob Keeney, Suwanee, Georgia, USA
Виталије Милошевић (Vitalije Milosevitch)
Lewis Neal, Sydney, Australia
Viktor Ransmayr
Matt Wilkie
周琦 (ZoomQuiet) China.

Viktor Ransmayr

Jun 20, 2019, 9:24:27 AM6/20/19
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
Hello Edward,
I live in Munich, Germany.

With kind regards,

Viktor

vitalije

Jun 20, 2019, 10:28:44 AM6/20/19
to leo-editor
Виталије Милошевић (Vitalije Milosevitch)
I live in Serbia.
Vitalije

Chris George

Jun 20, 2019, 11:15:14 AM6/20/19
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
周琦 (ZoomQuiet) made the excellent suggestion that we highlight the global nature of Team Leo.

If you are comfortable doing so, please tell me where you are from. Here is the present list.  I know, or can guess, some locations, but I won't reveal them unless it's ok with you, surveillance being what it is these days.

Terry Brown
Ross Burnett
Josef Dalcolmo (born in Italy, living and working in Germany)
Chris George Notch HIll, British Columbia, Canada

Bob Hossley
Seth Johnson
Rob Keeney, Suwanee, Georgia, USA
Виталије Милошевић (Vitalije Milosevitch)
Lewis Neal, Sydney, Australia
Viktor Ransmayr
Matt Wilkie
周琦 (ZoomQuiet) China.

For the record, I live in Madison, Wisconsin, USA.

Edward

Chris George

Jun 20, 2019, 2:30:52 PM6/20/19
to leo-editor

Edward K. Ream

Jun 20, 2019, 7:34:59 PM6/20/19
to leo-editor

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 1:30 PM Chris George <techn...@gmail.com> wrote:

The world-wide Team Leo. Thanks.

Edward

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas

Jun 21, 2019, 9:01:24 PM6/21/19
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Umm... seems more like a Global North one. I don't want to seem rude and I'm happy to see the reach of the Leo team. It's a showcase of Edward's generosity giving credit to different roles in this space beyond coding and one of the most important things of Leo as a project: its community. It's just that seeing some maps of Open Source development teams, the "southern eye" becomes kind of trained to see absence patterns.

Hopefully we will add more diverse contributors and contributions from different places.

Cheers,

Offray

Edward K. Ream

Jun 21, 2019, 9:33:07 PM6/21/19
to leo-editor
On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 8:01 PM Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:

> seems more like a Global North one.

Presumably you live in the South :-) Do you want to tell us where?

I'll be happy to add you to Team Leo.

Edward

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas

Jun 21, 2019, 9:51:48 PM6/21/19
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com

:-D you made my night Edward... I was not telling this to be listed in... But, that being said, I'm honored to be considered part of Team Leo, despite of working more these days in cross-pollination between Leo and Pharo. I live in Bogotá, Colombia.

Thanks,

Offray

Edward K. Ream

Jun 22, 2019, 3:41:13 AM6/22/19
to leo-editor

On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 8:51 PM Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <off...@riseup.net> wrote:

> I'm honored to be considered part of Team Leo, despite of working more these days in cross-pollination between Leo and Pharo. I live in Bogotá, Colombia.

You're on the list.

Edward

Matt Wilkie

Jun 26, 2019, 2:48:30 AM6/26/19
to leo-editor

Glad to see a map, thanks Chris.

- Matt Wilkie, Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada

Edward K. Ream

Jun 26, 2019, 10:19:26 AM6/26/19
to leo-editor
Whitehorse!  Who knew.

Edward

Matt Wilkie

Jul 9, 2019, 1:27:48 AM7/9/19
to leo-editor

Glad to see a map, thanks Chris.

It would be nice to have a version of this in the repo. Then people could add/remove themselves (directly or via pull request). Github renders geojson and topojson automatically: https://help.github.com/en/articles/mapping-geojson-files-on-github

Is there a way to export the data from Map Customizer?

-matt

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas

Jul 9, 2019, 8:29:33 AM7/9/19
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Yes, that would be advisable. At least the map I'm seeing here is still a map from the Global North, so Git would be a good way to keep it updated/diverse.

Cheers,

Offray