Matt, do you know why TravisCI isn't checking recent changes?

Edward K. Ream

Apr 1, 2020, 6:32:33 PM4/1/20
to leo-editor

Matt Wilkie

Apr 2, 2020, 12:52:58 AM4/2/20
to leo-editor
umm, no.

[Later] after some poking around discovered the [Requests] page.
which says "GitHub payload is missing a merge commit (mergeable_state: "unknown", merged: false)" starting 4 hours ago and continuing for next 4 commits.

I made a small commit to devel, which did trigger a new build, and that failed with "syntax error in: viewrendered2" (ref). Looks like a remaining merge marker:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/travis/build/leo-editor/leo-editor/leo/core/leoTest.py", line 1364, in checkFileSyntax
tree = compile(s + '\n', fileName, 'exec')
File "viewrendered3", line 945
<<<<<<< HEAD
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

-matt

Matt Wilkie

Apr 2, 2020, 1:26:36 AM4/2/20
to leo-editor
I think there's more to it though. Thomas's PR is stuck in "waiting for status to be reported" mode, and I found a lot of similar threads. Sounds like a recurring GitHub <-> Travis integration problem. I've asked for help.

Edward K. Ream

Apr 2, 2020, 5:46:41 AM4/2/20
to leo-editor
On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 12:26 AM Matt Wilkie <map...@gmail.com> wrote:

I think there's more to it though. Thomas's PR is stuck in "waiting for status to be reported" mode, and I found a lot of similar threads. Sounds like a recurring GitHub <-> Travis integration problem. I've asked for help.

Thanks for looking into this. TravisCI just approved of the latest push to devel. Otoh, the 6.2.1 branch looks like it has never been checked. Not sure this matters.

Edward

Edward K. Ream

Apr 2, 2020, 5:48:40 AM4/2/20
to leo-editor
On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 11:53 PM Matt Wilkie <map...@gmail.com> wrote:

umm, no.

[Later] after some poking around discovered the [Requests] page.
which says "GitHub payload is missing a merge commit (mergeable_state: "unknown", merged: false)" starting 4 hours ago and continuing for next 4 commits.

I made a small commit to devel, which did trigger a new build, and that failed with "syntax error in: viewrendered2" (ref). Looks like a remaining merge marker:

Recent versions of vr3 had merge markers, which meant that unit tests failed. We knew about that.

Edward