Release v6.2.1

Matt Wilkie

Mar 29, 2020, 2:02:01 AM3/29/20
to leo-editor
Edward,

Commit 77f4000d re-adds MANIFEST.in to git exports and releases and is the fix for #1547 and #1512, the inability for pip install to work from zip release archives. It's worthy of a new dot release. I committed to devel before remembering there's a new release branch workflow.

Should I commit this straight to v6.2 branch or create a new v6.2.1 branch from v6.2 and then commit? (or something else)

-matt

Edward K. Ream

Mar 29, 2020, 6:18:18 AM3/29/20
to leo-editor
On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 1:02 AM Matt Wilkie <map...@gmail.com> wrote:
Edward,

Commit 77f4000d re-adds MANIFEST.in to git exports and releases and is the fix for #1547 and #1512, the inability for pip install to work from zip release archives. It's worthy of a new dot release. I committed to devel before remembering there's a new release branch workflow.

Please create a new 6.2.1 branch, based on 6.2, not devel.

Edward

Matt Wilkie

Mar 29, 2020, 1:36:57 PM3/29/20
to leo-editor
Please create a new 6.2.1 branch, based on 6.2, not devel.

ok, done. I updated the version number in leoVersion.py also.

-matt

Matt Wilkie

Mar 29, 2020, 1:46:03 PM3/29/20
to leo-editor

On Sunday, 29 March 2020 10:36:57 UTC-7, Matt Wilkie wrote:
Please create a new 6.2.1 branch, based on 6.2, not devel.

ok, done. I updated the version number in leoVersion.py also.

 I named the branch with a "v" prefix, which I now notice has been only used for tags. I don't know if we can have both a branch and tag with the same name. Even if we can it would be confusing, so I renamed the branch and pushed it following this guide: https://multiplestates.wordpress.com/2015/02/05/rename-a-local-and-remote-branch-in-git/

Hopefully I was fast enough not to screw anyone else up.

-matt

Edward K. Ream

Mar 29, 2020, 1:53:07 PM3/29/20
to leo-editor
On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 12:46 PM Matt Wilkie <map...@gmail.com> wrote:

I named the branch with a "v" prefix, which I now notice has been only used for tags. I don't know if we can have both a branch and tag with the same name.

Not a good idea.
Even if we can it would be confusing, so I renamed the branch and pushed it following this guide: https://multiplestates.wordpress.com/2015/02/05/rename-a-local-and-remote-branch-in-git/

Hopefully I was fast enough not to screw anyone else up.

Looks good to me. I'll release 6.2.1 tomorrow at the earliest.

Edward

Matt Wilkie

Mar 29, 2020, 9:47:30 PM3/29/20
to leo-editor
Looks good to me. I'll release 6.2.1 tomorrow at the earliest.

Hold please. TravisCI is failing on my latest checkin.

-matt

Matt Wilkie

Mar 29, 2020, 9:59:43 PM3/29/20
to leo-editor

Looks good to me. I'll release 6.2.1 tomorrow at the earliest.

Hold please. TravisCI is failing on my latest checkin.

All good now. The fix was upgrading pip in the CI.

-matt